Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Jace started preschool last Friday. I really didn't even think about putting him in preschool until people started asking me if he was going to go. I guess with the first child you just don't realize that it's time for that type of thing. So I wanted to put him in, but the timing just was off with the whole move. So when we moved, I kept my ears open and I found a lady in my ward that runs a great preschool out of her home. He only goes on Fridays which is great because he is going to have two years of preschool and I think for the first year, one day a week will be perfect. I wanted to get a picture of him before school so that I would have the visual memory of my first child's first day of school. Well, not so much. Jace absolutely REFUSED to have his picture taken. I didn't want to push it before school and cause a meltdown, so I thought I would be able to get one at school. Again, not so much. He would yell at me, "NO!! I don't want my picture taken!!" He told me that he only likes his picture taken on Halloween. Yeah, okay!? So, here is my oldest child's first day of preschool. Hey, I tried.

8 comments:

TURNER TALES said...

Well, yeah, you tried - and at least you got half of his cute face!!!! What a cute kid!! Hugs to all!!
P. S. have you checked my owie out yet?

Karlee Turner said...

Oh my gosh! That is classic Jace...what a random, adorable, frustrating child!! I love that he's putting his hand out in front! Too funny!

Curse of the Billy Goat said...

What a stinkin' monkey. He definitely doesn't do what he doesn't want to do. I love that kid. I'm excited to hear his preschool stories. He is so stubborn just like him mom. :) and just like his mimi :)
How's the lizard situation?
Tell my little nut job I love him and he needs to cooperate with his mom. Wrigley wants a picture!
Sorry I'm on Ryan's account. I never remember to switch after I look at Coby's until I'm posting the comment.

Kristin said...

Classic! I love the picture and I'm sure he'll enjoy it too. Isn't it funny how much their personalities come through in every aspect of life. (sometimes I wish mine didn't have such big personalities) Good luck with school. I'm sure he loves it!

The Runyons said...

This will be a great scrapbook page for him to look back on. Eventually, he'll regret it. I'm just wondering if this will be a yearly thing now. Your boys are adorable. I hope you're meeting some new friends in your new ward and neighborhood. Your house is adorable. Love you guys!

The Incredible Bulks said...

Oh my, he gets funnier every day!! I love that he is making the rule of only getting his picture taken on Halloween. Good for you to know that. LOL, he kills me!!!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the kids independence! Maybe you can get a picture at the preschool another day. Atleast Halloween's not too far away. I just have to say the coat hook wall is painted so cute, it looks like a fun preschool.

The Howards said...

oh looks like you have a lot of fun school years ahead! I can't believe you have a little pre-schooler. He is looking so grown up! So fun!