I'm having a hard time comprehending that I now have a child that is five years old. Five is big milestone for my little man to hit and I'm not sure I like it. It is so sad to look at past pictures and see how cute and little he was and realize that time has gone so fast. He even looks so much older. Yesterday I registered him for kindergarten and I was having some anxiety. My heart was panicking and it didn't want to send my little boy off to meet the big, bad ugly world. Can't I just keep him in the nice, naive little bubble I've been growing him in forever?
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Posted by Ashlee at 8:16 PM
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Tonight we had the opportunity to have the missionaries over for dinner. I wondered how the boys would do having the missionaries here and how they would behave. Well, they didn't disappoint. Here are a few of the night's moments.
- When the missionaries arrived the boys decided to "show off" and they started running around the house playing their various games. They ran over to the kitchen and in unison put their hands out and then threw them into the air as they yelled, "Power Rangers to the RESCUE!" (The missionaries were impressed with their impromptu unity.)
- Cole introduced himself as Baby Jaguar (from Go Diego, Go), then he reintroduced himself as Anakin, and then again introduced himself as Darth Vader. Awesome.
- Cole had to go potty during dinner (he is officially potty trained, YIPEE!) and when he was done he came running out of the bathroom leaving his pants in the bathroom and waving his underwear in the air. Double Awesome.
- Jace was pretending to be shy, but when he did decide to talk the only thing Jace would talk about was Star Wars and he decided to quiz the Elders on their Star Wars knowledge. Good thing both of them actually like Star Wars and actually knew what he was talking about.
- And finally....both of Elders were Hispanic and Cole said to Bryan, "Dad, I want the Black Guy and the Brown Guy to stay forever."
So there you have it. You couldn't ask for a more spiritual night with the missionaries in our home.
Posted by Ashlee at 7:39 PM