Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Memorable Missionary Moments

Tonight we had the opportunity to have the missionaries over for dinner. I wondered how the boys would do having the missionaries here and how they would behave. Well, they didn't disappoint. Here are a few of the night's moments.

  • When the missionaries arrived the boys decided to "show off" and they started running around the house playing their various games. They ran over to the kitchen and in unison put their hands out and then threw them into the air as they yelled, "Power Rangers to the RESCUE!" (The missionaries were impressed with their impromptu unity.)
  • Cole introduced himself as Baby Jaguar (from Go Diego, Go), then he reintroduced himself as Anakin, and then again introduced himself as Darth Vader. Awesome.
  • Cole had to go potty during dinner (he is officially potty trained, YIPEE!) and when he was done he came running out of the bathroom leaving his pants in the bathroom and waving his underwear in the air. Double Awesome.
  • Jace was pretending to be shy, but when he did decide to talk the only thing Jace would talk about was Star Wars and he decided to quiz the Elders on their Star Wars knowledge. Good thing both of them actually like Star Wars and actually knew what he was talking about.
  • And finally....both of Elders were Hispanic and Cole said to Bryan, "Dad, I want the Black Guy and the Brown Guy to stay forever."

So there you have it. You couldn't ask for a more spiritual night with the missionaries in our home.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

This is HILARIOUS!! So glad you shared your fun-filled night with us! Gotta love kids!

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh - that is hysterical!

Rob and Vienna said...

Oh my gosh. I'm laughing so hard right now. Your boys are the best, and I really miss them. I'd really like to meet your cute girl too :)

TURNER TALES said...

Oh how hilarious!! I love, love those boys!!!! So entertaining!! And just how soon do you think those missionaries will be wanting to return to the Erickson home? hahaha!! Probably soon actually, if they ever get bored, they know where to go!! What nuts!! LOVE THEM though!! xoxo

Karlee Turner said...

Oh my..that is awesome! I sure love those darling boys of yours! (and of course Lily too)

Anonymous said...

awesome . . awesome!! What more can be said. The missionaries not only had dinner, they had free entertainment too!!! Love you all!

Mikki said...

That is so cute. I am sure that the missionaries enjoyed the entertainment. :)

PS Why are you not playing BB? There is no Stockton to Malone without my Malone. :)

Hafen Crew said...

HILARIOUS!!!!
That is a dinner the missionaries will not forget!
you'd better get back to playing ward basketball. You loved it last year!

Allison said...

LOVE this! So much more entertaining than you and Bryan having to make conversation with them! Hope you guys are doing good!

Jodie said...

I love this!! I am so thankful that my kids aren't the only ones who do questionable things when we have guests over. The last time the home teachers were over they were like flies and wouldn't leave them alone. I was a little freaked out, but only a little. LOL Just think, those Elders will remember this night forever. :)

Laura said...

Thank you...thank you for updating your blog for my very selfish indulgence while at the office! This is the best missionary experience I have ever heard. You lied and I completely support it because I don't think you have ever lied before. As for bryan and you being so strong during this job hunt...it is a amazing but you guys will be blessed! I mean really the kid got put into the bishopric for goodness sakes! something great is coming!