Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Five Years Old? Already?

I'm having a hard time comprehending that I now have a child that is five years old. Five is big milestone for my little man to hit and I'm not sure I like it. It is so sad to look at past pictures and see how cute and little he was and realize that time has gone so fast. He even looks so much older. Yesterday I registered him for kindergarten and I was having some anxiety. My heart was panicking and it didn't want to send my little boy off to meet the big, bad ugly world. Can't I just keep him in the nice, naive little bubble I've been growing him in forever?



On his actual birthday he went to preschool and then after we celebrated with his cousins at Pirate Island. It is basically a pirate themed Chucky Cheese. It's a cute place and the kids loved it and had a great time. Then we came home and relaxed and Jace got his birthday wish of playing Star Wars Lego with his dad. For his birthday dinner he chose sweet and sour chicken and fried rice. It must be his favorite because I have never seen that boy finish his dinner so fast. Dinner time was a refreshing change.

On Saturday, 20th, we celebrated his birthday with his very first friend party. Any guesses what the theme was? Star Wars, of course! He had 3 friends and two cousins come and it was quite the party.

We started the party off with homemade pizza and breadsticks.


Next we jumped into the games and played Pin the Ears on Yoda


We broke a Darth Vader pinata with light sabers. The darn thing broke on the second kid who gave it the first good whack! Ah well, the kids only care about the candy anyway.


We then moved on to Jedi training with their own light sabers. The light sabers were made out of foam pipe insulators wrapped in colored duct tape.


Next was a few rounds of "Master says..." (Simon says)


We then ended to party with Yoda cake and Jace's favorite, mint chocolate chip ice cream.


I wish I would have done these light saber cupcakes for the party instead of the Yoda cake. I made these for the Sunday birthday dinner at my parents. These cupcakes turned out much cuter.

Just to conclude, here are some facts about Jace as he has turned five.
favorite color: blue
favorite food: pizza and mint chocolate ice cream
favorite book: Peter Pan
things he likes to do: play the wii, play with friends, color,
his friends are: Evan, Pierce, Austin, Rusty
Star Wars is his obsession right now and he is really enjoying learning how to read

Jace, we love you so much and enjoy your zest for life and the humor you bring to our family!

14 comments:

Hafen Crew said...

He does look older in that first pic! I can't believe it! I knew I loved that kid for a reason...I had no clue his favorite ice cream was mint chocolate chip! I'm glad he had a fun party!

Hafen Crew said...

ps....your Yoda cate is cute!!! and so are the cupcakes.

Allison said...

looks like a fun party! love the cake and cupcakes!

TURNER TALES said...

What a cute SMILING 5 year old!! I can't believe you have a 5 year old either!! Looks like you threw a fun birthday party for him!! I think the Yoda cake is cute!! And the cupcakes were YUMMY!! hugs....

Karlee Turner said...

Oh I love that kid! He is so entertaining...I hope he always keeps that darling, excited personality of his!

Karlee Turner said...

Oh I love that kid! He is so entertaining...I hope he always keeps that darling, excited personality of his!

Karlee Turner said...

Oh I love that kid! He is so entertaining...I hope he always keeps that darling, excited personality of his!

Syndi said...

Happy Birthday Jace! jake wishes he could have come, he LOVES Star Wars too.

Syndi said...

Happy Birthday Jace! jake wishes he could have come, he LOVES Star Wars too.

Ty and Masha said...

WHOAH, 5 is totally old. Try turning 30 (yeah, that's me - sad) Happy Birthday, Jace! We love you, dude.

Wilson said...

Happy Birthday Jace! He is growing up so fast. Looks like he had a great birthday.

Gingerlylizzy said...

Oh my gosh... it is ALL so cute!!! Look at you Martha!

me said...

so fun! i cant believe hes 5! Kait is starting kindergarten this year too. im excited for her but scared that she will be in someone elses hands...

me said...

so fun! i cant believe hes 5! Kait is starting kindergarten this year too. im excited for her but scared that she will be in someone elses hands...