Tuesday, July 8, 2008

BBQ and Fireworks

So the 4th celebration didn't end after the flag ceremony. After the ceremony we went home and caught some naps and then we were off for more. Bryan went golfing with all of my brothers and dad and then me and the boys, Rissa and the twins, Mom, and Karlee went swimming! It's a good thing there were the four adults because we each had a kid to take care of. Things get pretty crazy when Rissa and I get together with our four kids. It's always an adventure.
After swimming we went back to my parents and had a BBQ. Jace anxiously waited for the fireworks to begin. I can't tell you how many times that boy asked when we were going to do fireworks. He definitely makes things more fun and exciting - especially the holidays. It finally got dark enough to start the fireworks show and what a fantastic display of colored lights! Oh the joys of the bouncing florescent flowers, the shooting tanks, the floating parachutes, the spinning pagoda..... Jace LOVED them and Cole was pretty interested until he fell asleep on me. All in all it was a fun day and a great way to spend some more time with Rissa, Ryan, and the twins before they head off to Kansas. We are going to miss them so much. It has been nice because they have been able to spend so much time up here lately. We are going to miss you and it's going to break my heart not to be able to see Chance and Logan for so long. I hope they don't forget their favorite aunt! We hope everyone else had a fantastic 4th of July!!


4 comments:

The Incredible Bulks said...

I love Jaces frog jammies! Very cute! And I also LOVE how he tied up Grandma Lois, hilarious!!

Hafen Crew said...

you are too funny! I love the pictures.
Sometimes I think we are just a traveling circus! :)

I'm devastated I won't be able to see you guys when I want to. I've been so spoiled this last few months. :)

I can't believe Wall E didn't work out again. That poor boy is cursed.
PS... His quotes are HILARIOUS! NUT JOB JUNIOR!!!

The Birds said...

I had to do a double take at the picture of Jace.... I really thought it was Wyatt for a minute. Something about the look on his face. It was good to see you again!

Karlee Turner said...

So here i am enjoying reading your new posts...until I get to the part of "favorite aunt"! Whoa...wait a minute...are you sure about this? Because I would like to be in the running...at least be considered. Just kidding, you've got their same blood, that's one up on me. And I know I'm Cole's favorite aunt, so I'm good with that! :) Anyway...Step was fun on Monday, you coming with me on Friday???