Monday, June 2, 2008

3 Year Olds!!!

I have to concur with my cousin Kristin, I can't do three year olds! Can we just skip to year 4 please?!!! Jace is happy and laughing and making me feel like the greatest mom and then the next second he's screaming and crying and throwing a huge tantrum. Example: we went upstairs this morning to get him dressed and we were in the process and one little thing threw him off and he freaked!! He stripped his clothes off (TWICE) and laid on his floor completely naked for over an hour. I kept checking on him, we had a good chat, I thought things would be good but he still just absolutely refused to get dressed. FOR OVER AN HOUR!!! Is there some pill that they can prescibe for the third year of their life to get rid of these dramatic mood swings and outbursts? Sign me up, doc.

8 comments:

Hafen Crew said...

WOW!! Jace is one amazing kid. He is just outta control. I seriously don't know how you handle it. He is absolutely hilarious and then he's completely crazy. I just can't imagine it. Your life if so busy. Cole and Jace....and few people think boys are easy... probably not!!

TURNER TALES said...

WHAT???? That sweet, funny Jacer is a tantrum thrower? Just can't imagine it!! OK, having witnessed a couple myself I guess I can. Hang in there....4 is coming!!!! Love you!!

me said...

man I TOTALLY know what you mean! Im glad to hear its boys too...Tim thinks its just the girls. Too bad its sworn him off of more children!! I always call Kait my jenkyl and hyde (sp?). I hate the horrible 3s! Its SOOO much worse than the terrible 2s. Good luck to ya! Im really hoping a switch will be flipped and Ill have an amazing 4 year old in a few months...i doubt it but one can dream!~

Karlee Turner said...

It really is hard to believe that one so darling and charming can be so terrible! Sorry you've got to deal with it...your a great mom! If you need a break, we'll come over and watch the boys..actually, I should say I'll come watch them anytime, I really shouldn't say we :)

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat! Here I thought that I was so spoiled with this child that only has minor episodes...but holy crow it's like someone swapped my kid overnight with this one!?!?!?!

Kristin said...

I warned you! Seriously we've had some nasty tantrums over the littlest things. Three stinks! I rembember 4 being very pleasant....i think. Luckily I'm only a few months from there!

Jodie said...

I have a three year old also...only mine is a princess and not a prince. She's a riot. She can be happy and charming one second and then turn into a tasmanian devil the next. It's very frustrating! Too bad we aren't closer, we could get the two of them together. :) Good luck. I know it has to get better at some point!!

The Runyons said...

Three year olds are just two years olds with a years experience. Hang in there - 4 year olds were my favorite age! Adorable!