Sunday, June 15, 2008

This Kid is a Machine!!!


Our poor Cole. We found out today that Cole has a broken collarbone. On Wednesday, June 11, he fell off of his Mickey airplane and hurt himself. He was a little upset but I thought it was a combination of the fall, his teeth, and him being tired. Later that afternoon I took him to our pediatrician because he wouldn't put any pressure on his right arm, and after having Jace break his leg last summer I knew it would be best to have him checked out right away. So we went in and after two different doctor appointments and some x-rays we thought everything was okay. They checked out his right elbow and shoulder but nothing appeared to be wrong. So we went home and for the next few days he would baby his arm a little bit and whine some but he was back to crawling and doing everything else. Well, this afternoon as I was bathing the boys I notice that the area around Cole's collarbone was bruised, swollen, and tender. So Bryan and I decided that we needed to take him in. All along we kept thinking that he was still hurt; but since the x-rays were negative we thought he was just sprained and sore. I took him in this afternoon and lo and behold Cole has a broken collarbone on the LEFT side!!! The poor kid - he's been crawling around, picked up and down by his armpits for the past 5 days, and all with a broken bone! How could Bryan and I be so clueless (and the doctors)? Seriously, 5 days later?!! The doctor today said that I need to try and limit him and his falling on it. Yeah right! Obviously he doesn't know my Cole, the energizer bunny. Cole is not in a sling or anything because the doctor said it would be for comfort purposes only and also because there would be no point since Cole wouldn't leave it on. SO over time and with some limitations he'll be good as new. I guess Cole will be the one that's going to be limiting himself. I cannot believe how strong this little guy is...he just goes, goes, goes. Broken bone, what broken bone? I just hope he can forgive his parents for being so dumb.

5 comments:

Kara said...

How sad!! poor Cole! I guess they are stronger then we think they are. Idiot doctors! :) Well atleast he's on his way to getting better now!

Hafen Crew said...

Poor little guy. That's too bad. I can't believe he didn't complain a lot more or anything. WOW!! Good luck keeping him down for a while :)....that's gonna be FUN!!!

Karlee Turner said...

No way! I can't believe his collar bone is broken and he's just pluggin away like no big deal! I love that picture of him though... just look at him, no wonder he's my favorite :)

Ty and Masha said...

Hmmmm, what are you guys doing to your kids?????? Just kidding. I hope he will feel better soon. I can not believe the doctors thought. We pretty much trust them with out kids and they just say that everything is fine. That makes me so MAD.

The Howards said...

You can't keep posting all these boy mishaps! I'm terrified of Tyson growing up! :)He is so darn cute and I wish I could have been around him and gotten to know him more. Wow...tough kid! Best of luck helping get that healed!