Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Fun

I have forgotten to take my camera with me the last couple of days to show what fun we've had. Yesterday Cole and I went swimming with our friends Alaina, Evan, and Preston. Jace was busy having fun with his cousins at Grandma Pam's. We had a great time and it is so nice to swim at someone's house and not have to deal with the crowds and so many other kids in the pool. Cole gave me more proof at the pool that he has absolutely no fear and is going to kill me from a heart attack before he turns two. We started cleaning up to go home and Cole was out walking around and was standing by Alaina and I was still in the pool. All of a sudden there was a big splash and Alaina screamed Cole's name and then all of a sudden she was in the pool too; and this was all before I could even turn around. Yeah, Cole just decided to walk right off the edge straight into the pool. When I turned around he was floating face down! Talk about a heart attack!! He truly is either going to kill himself or me. His accidents are getting worse too since he is walking full time. He's also walked off of our stairs. I guess I'll just have to do what I can to keep him as safe as possible - which I don't know if there is much I can do.
Today the boys and I went to the South Jordan parade with my parents, Dallin, and aunts. The boys loved it and of course Jace came home with a bag full of candy. Jace and Cole also got to ride in the parade for a little while. We had a friend riding in a wagon pulled by Clydedale horses and when they stopped right in front of us she said "give them here." So we handed the boys up onto the wagon and off they went for the rest of the parade (which wasn't very far). They thought that was awesome! My mom got some pictures of them so hopefully I can get those soon and post them. I just have to say that I love summer time and all of the fun activities that come with it. It makes it even more fun when the kids can get into it and really enjoy things.

1 comments:

me said...

How fun!! I didnt even realize there was a south jordan parade...DANG! OH well...im hoping to take the kids to one of the parades this year, i think theyd really enjoy it.

Good luck with heart attack boy! My children give me heart attacks all the time but NOTHING in comparison! Oh man oh man....