Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Can You Guess What This Is?


(Disclaimer: I know this isn't the greatest picture.) So any guesses out there what this is? Some might say that it's just a tarnished penny. WRONG!!! It's called: a three year old in time out, a penny, a night light, and a light socket.

Jace was in time out today and I told him he could come out but he decided to stay in his room for a little while longer. I then went to get Cole dressed and while doing so Jace came into Cole's room and told me that he needed some more money because his "popped." I told him that Dad already gave him money this morning and he didn't need any more. He then told me that it popped and he wanted to show me what he meant. So after getting Cole dressed, I went into Jace's room and he said, "See, look," as he pointed to his night light that is plugged into his wall. There was black stuff spewing out of the light socket behind the night light and I looked closer and there was his penny stuffed between the light and the plug. And of course... he blew the circuit. We then had a good discussion about the importance of not playing with plugs and sticking things in them. Holy Moly - what am I to do with these children?! At least I'm never bored! (And...if you look closely you can see where the two prongs from the night light burned the penny.)

6 comments:

The Runyons said...

He's lucky he didn't get popped! Holy cow! You're lucky your house didn't burn down. They sure do keep you on your toes.

The Howards said...

Holy Cow. This is just getting me oh so excited for when Tyson is that age. Boys will be boys I guess. My background is from Shelsscraps.blogspot.com. She is the girl I played volleyball with. Kristin gets hers from there too.

me said...

nice...im glad nothing really serious happened! gotta love kids!! oh and I am LOVING your jaces quotes...i hope you are writing those down somewhere to be saved forever.

Hafen Crew said...

AMAZING!! He's a stinkin lucky boy...he couldn't have gotten the pants shocked right off him. What are you going to do with that little one? He's too mischevious for his own good :) Hope you have a fun day today.
Ps did you get them out of the bath before they were swimmin in poop too?

TURNER TALES said...

What a mischievous monkey you have on your hands!! You're so lucky!! Never a dull moment at your home with him around!! Glad everyone is okay!! Love you!! Jill

Ty and Masha said...

I've decided that I will return Petra from wherever she came from before she turns in to a danger zone. Ha-Ha. You do so well with Jace and Cole. AND they are SOO lucky to have you as their mom.

Masha