Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial- Schmorial Day

What a lousy Memorial Day - weather wise. We had our annual Memorial Day Turner Family Reunion and I have to say - not so fun. Jace and I went and left Bryan and Cole home. Cole was sick with a croupy cold and so I told Bry to stay home with him. (Yeah, I'm sure he was totally bummed about that!) So we went and it poured the ENTIRE time. My whole family was under a pavilion huddled in blankets trying to stay warm. Needless to say, it didn't last as long as usual. So we left the rain soaked park and pavilion and went to my mom and dad's house and hung out. My grandparents, some cousins, and aunts came over and we just hung out and talked -which was fun, until Jace had a catastrophic meltdown which my whole family witnessed! (I think they were a little shocked at how our sweet, funny little Jace can act.) Anyway....good times.
What ever happened to those warm Memorial Days where you would get your first sunburn of the season? I am so SICK of this weather going from 80 degrees to 60 then to 90 then back down to 50! BLAH! Well, it was still nice to have a day off and spend time together as a family. That is the most important thing, right?
By the way, has anyone out there ever taught Gospel Doctrine before? I just got a new calling on Sunday - yes, folks, Gospel Doctrine. I looked over my lesson for Sunday and I feel helpless and don't even know where to start. Sooooo, if anyone has every taught it and has any pointers, PLEASE let me know.

6 comments:

Ty and Masha said...

Yes, the weather completely sucked. What a waist. Congrats on your new calling, you will do great. Ty tought that for a year, so he will help you anytime.

Kristin said...

That is my #1 last pick calling. Talk about intimidating. I think I would call in sick every week. Then maybe you'll get released. Holy cow I'm nervous for you.

TURNER TALES said...

I agree!! WHY couldn't TODAY have been Memorial Day? I have to apologize - I feel like I was the cause of Jace's tantrum yesterday!!I figured since he already had had ice cream, it was all good. So, I am so sorry!! Up to that point he was a pretty cute little kid!!

The Runyons said...

Email your Uncle Rob. He loved that calling but he was pretty nervous when he first got it. Plan on learning a lot!! At least it's on the BOM. You'll do great!!
Hang in there!! Love ya!

Hafen Crew said...

That melt down was absolutely hilarious! WOW!!! I hope he's been such a good boy today. How's Cole's walking? Is he about ready to be on his way and walking for good? Well it was so good to see you. I miss you guys!!!!

Unknown said...

I had that calling in a singles ward. It was me and another guy who taught... a RM who had an answer for everything. I decided to be the best teacher, I'd be completely different. If I didn't pattern my ways after his, then no one could compare the two of us. I used a lot of visual aids, maybe a little childish but I did get compliments on them. Also, I asked a lot of questions. I love getting a good conversation going so I'd try and keep the class engaged. When someone asked a question I didn't have an answer for... I turned it back to the class. "Well guys, what do you think?" You'll be fine.