Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dinner Time......aaargh!





Who ever said that dinner time was fun?! Last night as I was getting dinner ready, Cole decided to "help." As you can see, he is a typical male in the kitchen - he's makes a bigger mess than he does help! Just teasin'. :) (I know Bryan's gonna use that comment against me). It's cute to see him have so much fun in the kitchen cabinets. Seriously though, dinner time can be kinda hard. Trying to step around all the bowls, cookie sheets, etc. to get dinner ready before someone has to dash off to some appointment is tough. Not to mention the fact that it takes AT LEAST 45 minutes to get Jace to finish his dinner. Breakfast and lunch, a breeze. Dinner, not so much. Isn't dinner supposed to be peaceful and ejoyable where you talk about your day and are not always saying, "Come on, Jace...1,2,3 Bite. Okay, take another bite please."? Oh well, I guess we just keep it up and one day it will be that beautiful picture of a happy family sitting around the table talking and laughing enjoying one another's company, right? ....Hopefully....

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Seriously...I am always exhausted and grumpy at dinner. I feel like saying, "nobody say one word." Hmmm that sounds familiar, maybe I have.

TURNER TALES said...

How can you get mad at a cute little bug like Cole? Totally innocent looking!! I love it!! I think maybe you should change your blog name from weekly to daily!!!! Always something to entertain!!

Ty and Masha said...

I completely agree on men making a bigger mess in the kitchen!!!! I wish this comment was ananimous, cause when Ty reads it, he will kill me. Ha-ha.

Hafen Crew said...

I don't think dinner time at your house will ever be peaceful with Jace around. It will be like having dinner with Dallin! Cole is just too cute.