Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's Great to be One!!









Cole, my real baby, turned 1 yesterday!!! I cannot believe how fast time flies. It seems like he was just barely born, but yet it also feels that he has just been part of our family forever. He is absolutely adorable, lovey, and so fun to be around. He is just so chill and just does his own thing - I love it! We're so lucky to have him in our family and Cole we love you!!!!

So yesterday we threw a birthday BUG party for him. The weather was gorgeous and so it allowed us to have the party outside which I am SOOO grateful for. I had so much fun planning this party - incorporating different little bug ideas into it. We had dinner (with ants on a log), the kids and some adults made bug antennas that they wore, we played pin the dots on the butterfly, decorated with "bug" balloons, and had dirt cups for dessert while Cole ate his caterpillar cake. I'm so glad that Cole actually ate his cake after all of the time and energy that went into it. (Jace wouldn't even TOUCH his cake when he turned one - he didn't want to get his hands dirty!) He got very spoiled and received some great gifts. Two little cars to ride on were a huge hit by all of the kids, they couldn't get enough of them. (There's a picture of Cole and Jace enjoying them outside today.)

I am so grateful and appreciative to all of our family who came and helped bring food and just socialize. It was a lot to ask of them, especially since they were here just over a week ago for Bryan's party! I love all of you guys!! Needless to say, I think I'm all partied out for a while. They are fun to plan - but they take a lot out of ya!

4 comments:

TURNER TALES said...

Looks like everyone had a fun time!! Sorry we were late and then had to leave so fast. You had a lot of great things prepared for it, and everything just looked cute and fun.

Also, PLEASE let me know when that Jace dude has a game - I'd love to come watch it!! xoxo!!

Hafen Crew said...

Your cake was AMAZING!! I taught you well ;) It looks like the party was a hit! I'm sad I missed it. You should be a professional party planner. You're insane and think of everything. There you go....a job you can do from home. Become a party planner. I'll move up there and we'll work together. I'm not sure how I'd help, but hey we'd at least have fun...I think we do need a new routine for our chair ballet!

Ty and Masha said...

Thanks for the link for cute blog backgrounds. You party looked awesome. I am coming over for the cake recipe. Love,

mash

The Runyons said...

I don't know... I liked the compliment of Cole looking like a Runyon... but he's looking a lot like Grandpa Erickson here! He's so big and so adorable (I mean Cole - not Grandpa - not trying to be a creeper here).
Love ya,
Lisa