Monday, April 7, 2008

Scripture Idol


Jace has a new idol....Nephi! Jace loves to learn about Nephi, he knows the "Nephi's Courage" song, and we always have to read about Nephi and the Brass Plates in his BOM Reader. Well, a couple of days ago I was doing my hair and he got into one of my drawers and pulled out a stretchy headband and put it on. All of a sudden he shouted, "Hey, Nephi has one of these!" (Thank you Living Scriptures!) So now he'll pull out the headband and put it on and pretend to be Nephi. At times he won't even answer you unless you call him Nephi. Yesterday we were riding in the car and we were reviewing the sounds of the alphabet (and he had the headband on) and when we finished, I said, "Good Job!" I then heard him mumble under his breath, "Nephi." "Good job, Nephi!" I corrected myself. It's amazing the things that kids retain and get attached to . So I guess if I start talking about Nephi in the future, I'm really refering to Jace.

5 comments:

Karlee Turner said...

That is Awesome!! He is the greatest! Seriously, I could be entertained by him for days!

Hafen Crew said...

You never know what that kid is going to come up with next. He is such a kick! Your family is just too stinkin' cute. Tell the nut job and his little brother I said HI!!!

The Runyons said...

So cute!! You're obviously doing a lot right. He is so hilarious! It doesn't look like you need to try to hard to come up with something entertaining for 'Uncle Bucko'.
Where did you find you blogger template? Love, love, love your page!!
Love you too (of course!)
Lisa

Kristin said...

Don't you just love 3 year olds. They say the cutest stuff. It sounds like he has your family wrapped around his finger. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

i want to know how and what you do to make him absorb church stuff, obviously you do lots at home, so what is your secret??? i agree with kristy I am jealous that your family is so geographically close so that you can be 'emotionally' close ( not sure if that's the right word?) it's very cool! talk to you soon!