Monday, March 31, 2008

Long time no blog

Goodness, I feel as if I owe my blog readers an apology. It's been a long time since I have posted anything new. I know I have a couple of Jace fans who check for the latest "Jaceism." Uncle Bucko - my deepest apologies!

Well, much has happened since the last time I posted. We've had International Kite Day, Easter, Chance and Logan's baby blessings, and I watched my neice and nephew and became a mother of 4 for a day and a half. I am indeed grateful that I am not a mother of four quite yet! Talk about exhausting. So to all of the mothers out there that have three or more kids - kudos to you!!!

So the day before Easter my family has a tradition which is called International Kite Day!! We always do it the Saturday before Easter. We get together and fly kites - well, I should specify that most of us fly kites. Usually Travis can't get a kite higher than eight feet in the air, EXCEPT this year he did it - congratulations Travis! This year Jace was ABSOLUTELY hilarious at flying kites! He flew a Superman kite and my dad (aka Papa) flew a Batman kite. Well, the two kites got tangled up and soon they were "fighting." Jace got very into it and started screaming and yelling at Batman and cheering on his Superman. He was growling at the kite and at Papa. He even charged my dad because his Batman kite took down the Superman kite. Jace was out of control. Seriously - there was screaming, growling, shooting, and roaring at Batman and Papa. Needless to say we were all laughing histerically. As Marissa says, "What a nut job!!"

So we flew kites for a while then went to Mom and Dad's house and had a BBQ, dyed Easter eggs, and then searched for our baskets. My mom and dad are awesome - they still make the holidays fun for their adult children. A few years ago, they started hiding our Easter baskets outside in the dark so they were harder for us to find. We each take a flashlight and run around the yard hunting for our baskets. It's quite a good time, especially since we taunt each other when we find someone else's basket. Thanks mom and dad for being so incredible and fun!

On Easter Sunday we had the boys find their Easter basket. They didn't get any candy since both sets of grandparents loaded them (us) up with candy. They got some fun spring activities and a couple of movies. We went to church and then down to Bryan's parents' house for dinner. The boys had new matching Easter outfits thanks to Pam. She is awesome about getting them Easter outfits each year, and this year their outfits were adorable. As Jace would say they looked like "Pimps!"

Today we just got back from spending the weekend down in St. George with my entire family. It was Chance and Logan's baby blessings yesterday. They both looked beautiful and Rissa did such an amazing job with their outfits. You'll have to go to her blog and see the pics. The weather was awesome and we thought that it was so warm that Ryan put up the blow up "Bonzai Falls" water slide on Saturday and went down it. Yeah- it wasn't so warm after that. Sometimes I wonder if us Turner's are all there! We had a great time laughing at each other though!

Well, sorry this was such a long post, but it really has been a while since I've been able to blog. Bryan informed me that I was writing an essay. Hope you enjoy the pictures and I promise to keep you all posted on the newest Jaceism!

1 comments:

Karlee Turner said...

So Ash, I think I'm just going to copy and paste your post since it pretty much says everything that I need to post on my blog! Except I do have pictures of the slide and the babies that I must get on there! Maybe one of these days...