Wednesday, March 12, 2008

RRRRRRRRR!!

So today Jace did a naughty thing. I was on the phone with Rissa and I could hear this scratching noise in the living room. I thought he was playing with a cardboard box. The noise stopped and then I heard it again. I went out to the living room and asked him what he was doing and he told me nothing. I then turned around and looked at the couch. He had SCRATCHED our leather couch with his fingernails. It looked like a cat had gone at the couch cushion! I have to admit that I was VERY calm because I thought that the scratches would clear up with a wet cloth. Nope. Well, I sent Jace up to his room for a nap - I was very calm with him - but kinda upset inside. I was waiting for Bryan to get home, he would be home any minute, and I was just waiting for him to be upset WITH me. You know how you just want someone else to be mad with you sometimes, that's how I felt. Well, Bryan put me to shame. He looked at the couch and said, "That's okay - no big deal." I sat there with my mouth hanging open and said, "I thought you would be more mad." He just looked at me and said, "We have good kids." Yes, we do. What a perspective to have. Bryan is awesome! He's always surprising me! I guess I just have to keep learning patience!

3 comments:

Karlee Turner said...

That's actually quite funny! I guess that's why we have spouses right?! But he's right...you do have good kids, even when you want to scream at them sometimes!

Hafen Crew said...

Oh Wow! He's just too much. Mom...He was just making pretty lines like he can on his new chalkboard. I must say Bryan shocked me a little bit too. You guys are awesome parents and your kids are quite adorable. How's Jace's basketball career these days?

TURNER TALES said...

He is such a funny kid!! His artistic talents are really starting to come out....maybe not where or how you planned, but eventually they will make it to the right place!! I'm like Jared, I like to check your blog just to see what Jace's latest is!! You're a great family and I love you!!