Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Turning 30 and Reliving the 80's!



First off, Bryan just turned 30 on Sunday!! Poor guy is gettin' old! (Pretty soon I'm gonna be right there with him.) On Saturday, I threw a surprise birthday party for him and it was with an 80's theme! It was HILARIOUS!! I had everyone dress up in an 80's costume and we had 80's food and entertainment. It really worked out that Bryan was gone all last week because it allowed me to plan for the party a lot easier without him here - escpecially since I am such a HORRIBLE liar and can't keep anything from him; so having him gone was much easier than having to face him every day and lie to him! Saturday night we dropped our kids off at our friends' house and then went to dinner. I had to come up with a way to get him back home without the kids - so we went home with him thinking he was gonna "get lucky." :) When we showed up everyone was there in costume to surprise him.
The outfits were hysterical and everyone was such a good sport! Our house was packed with neon colors, tight pegged pants, fanny packs, jelly bracelets, leggings, leg warmers, and so much more! We had 80's food such as fondue, bongo bars, Pop Rocks, Sixlets, Mike & Ikes, a Rubix Cube cake, and totally rad 80's prizes. For games there was 80's karaoke, we did an 80's TV show theme-song trivia, and 80's Catch Phrase. I can't thank everyone enough for coming, dressing up, and especially for all of the help. Bryan was surprised and it was a hit!! I hope you all enjoy the pictures! (For some reason, it wouldn't let me upload the pics so I had to do a slide show again, sorry!)

2 comments:

Hafen Crew said...

Those pictures are hilarious! It was a good time, and it's just too bad that he's so old now. You'll be joining him in 4 years so don't be too sad, you still have some time :)!
Good to see you. Oh...Ryan got a call today for an interview with the Jordan School District, so wish us luck!

Kristin said...

That party looks totally rad!just kidding just trying to fit the theme. I love how your family can get together for everything. We are so far about apart it makes things difficult. Tell Bryan Happy Birthday.