Friday, April 25, 2008

1, 2, 3 Strikes Don't Fight





Jace just started playing tee-ball on a rec league with 3 & 4 year olds. I think I signed him up purely for selfish reasons - entertainment value! He has had two games so far and it really is complete chaos. There are like 8 adults on the field plus the eight players, little kids running all over dog piling on the ball, kids chasing after their own ball after they hit it (yes, that would be Jace), and we can't forget our best friend's crazy dad in the middle of the field taking pictures with his HUGE tripod. Comedy people, comedy.
So Jace had a game on Tuesday night and things went a little bit better than his first game. Well, Jace was on third base headed for home and on his way he was pushed by a boy on the other team - accident or not I don't know. Oh, but don't you worry, Jace just thought it was absolutely necessary to defend himself. I was standing in the dugout and all of a sudden he jumps into a stance facing the perp and cocks his fist back. He was seriously getting ready to fight the little kid - if he was assaulted again! I ran out on the field spun him around and helped him make his way to home plate. I started laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face! Some of the parents (if they saw it) were probably appalled that I was laughing at the fact that my little three year old was ready to take a swing at another little kid. But... I couldn't help it. I seriously wish that I had it on video! The night was hysterical!
(And Travis, thanks for the baseball pants, they just add to the cute factor!!!)

3 comments:

Hafen Crew said...

That is so the Turner in him. He's just like his mom... A FIGHTER!! I love the baseball pants they are absolutely hilarious!! I say let the kid have it, No one pushes Jace. Seriously Ashlee...what a bad example, you just laughing as your kid was trying to pounce another kid. What are you teaching him at family night?

Karlee Turner said...

Those pants are darling!! I love that he was ready to fight that little kid! I can't wait to go to one of his games and witness this in person!

Hafen Crew said...

Ya know Uncle Bucko is probably looking for a new Jace quote!
Ya know "Mommy you and Rissa take a nap and I'll watch the Bee movie" Or something. I know he's got a few...he is my little nut job afterall!