Sunday, April 13, 2008

Single Mom

This week I will be a single mother. Bryan is starting a new job tomorrow and tonight he flies out to California for training. He won't get back into town until midnight Friday. I am a little scared and nervous about this week. There are some days that Bryan is gone from about 9:00 am to 9:00 pm with maybe an hour home in between those times, and I have to admit, those days are tough! But a week???? I am worried that the boys are going to be so sick of me and that things could get a little ugly. I'm sure many tantrums will take place - yeah for me! Anyway, I just give A LOT of props to all of those single mothers out there that do it 24/7. AND, I don't even have to worry about working, I'm just staying home. I honestly don't know how mom's do it. It's a tough job - I'm not gonna lie. I'm sure there will be some comedy this coming week (and some tears). Wish me luck, and to all of you other mothers out there, GOD BLESS!

(Just a side note: Bryan is working for a company called PGP. He will be selling encryption software. It's a great job with BENEFITS [HOORAY!!], a great company and some security with this crazy economy. He will still be doing real estate part time. So all of you looking for a home or know someone who is, he is still available!)

4 comments:

Ty and Masha said...

Wow, you never told us that Bryan got a new job already. Congrats!!! Ty hasn't been out of town for a while so, I forgot how to be a single mom, but I remember that it sucked....hahha. You will do great. I will come visit you and watch your boys so you can take a nap. The windows on your house look great :-)

Mash

Kristin said...

Poor Ashlee, I totally feel for you! Luke was gone last week from thursday to Wednesday. It was rough to say the least, we did a lot of eating out! Good luck to you!

jkribbit said...

Good luck Ashlee! You can do it! I found your blog through Jodie Gardner's - I don't know if you remember me or my family. I'm from the Union Fort 7th ward. Bryan was actually my brother Dan's young men's leader in that ward. So, it's been awhile! But I'm sending good thoughts your way this week!
-Julie Kennard

Hafen Crew said...

I'm sure you're doing incredible. I hope they're being good for ya. If they're not, tell them Rissa is gonna get em! Just call me and I'll tlak to that little three year old. He's my little nut job! I'll check on ya tomorrow! :)