Sunday, August 24, 2008

We're Here...

...'cause we're not all there. (A good 'ol Grandma Jessie saying.) Yes, we're officially residents of Eagle Mountain - where we live at the end of the earth!! We moved our stuff in on late Wednesday night. I can't thank all of our family and friends enough who helped move us - especially to those who stayed extra late and helped us load up the second time. We couldn't have done it without you, so thanks to the guys and gals that helped and especially to the wives who lent out their husbands at the late hours.
We moved on Wednesday, spent the night at Bryan's parents, and then started unpacking Thursday. And...WE'RE DONE!! Yes, we finished unpacking yesterday and I can't tell you how excited and relieved I am. I was a little overwhelmed at the idea of UNpacking as all of our JUNK was being loaded on the truck. I'm not one to horde and hang on to things, so I didn't think we had a lot of stuff; but when I saw it being loaded and unloaded, I wanted to cry. Good thing I had Karlee there as we were unloading, to give me a hug and tell me it was okay. However, once we got it in the house and I started unpacking, things went quickly and we really don't have TOO much. Now it's on to the basement. YUCK!! That is definitely something I am not looking forward to organizing. I am, however, excited to decorate! Let the good times roll...

Today was our first day of church and the ward is definitely made up of a different dynamic. It's HUGE compared to our other ward and there are three nurseries - we just kind of picked one to put Jace in. It should be interesting and fun. Maybe Enrichment and volleyball will give me a chance to meet some "sisters." Good times ahead....
I told Marissa the other day that I didn't know I would be trading places with her. When she lived in St. George she lived on a hill with LOTS of dirt and weeds, scorpions, and lizards. Well, yep, that's me now. We have neighborhood kids come to our yard looking for lizards (we've seen a few around the yard), and we had a dead scorpion in our garage, and I cannot BELIEVE the amount of dust that gets in our house. I think that the black countertops and cabinets are going to drive me crazy because I can always see the dust. I guess I'll just have to lighten up on my neat-freak-ishness. Anywho...
I've had some requests to put up pictures, so since you've already seen the bareness of the house, I'll post some pictures when I get things put up on the walls. We'll see what adventures Eagle Mountain brings us!! (And we're not THAT far away, so you still can visit us, Karlee!)

7 comments:

Hafen Crew said...

Sorry we weren't there to help you pack and unpack we all know it would have been a ton better than where I am or where WE are.
Pretty funny though when you said you traded me place with all the weeds, bugs, lizards, and scorpions, a little tear came. Sometimes I think all those scorpions might be better than here. Who knows.
And yes...the neat-freakness will probably die out. If it doesn't you'll be dusting three times a day and sweeping ALL the time. I just remember when I moved in Jamie told me that I would never feel my house was clean. and nope 2 hours after I clean the dust would come flowing in the house some miraculous way.

The Incredible Bulks said...

Oh moving...it's such bliss. I'm not a big fan, but the decorating, I'm all for. Can't wait to see pics!

Karlee Turner said...

I'm glad you're all nice and settled...I knew it wouldn't take you long. I'm also glad we were here to help, there's something so fulfilling about service! And dont' worry, we'll still come visit, you're really not THAT far away, I just have to be dramatic :) If you ever want to go on a home decor shopping trip, let me know, I'll be all over it!

Luke and Kellie said...

You are not at the end of the earth, that is where we live! No- it really isn't as far as it seems but the road construction is a pain!

Ty and Masha said...

Are you guys in a different time zone? I think you might be a few hours behind.....:-)

Glad to hear you're moved in. We might need to stop by when we go there to visit Derek and Tara. Ty may need to request a few days off though :-)

I can't believe you are already unpacked. It took me two years to unpack. You are awesome. Good luck with scorpions.

Unknown said...

It's weird that you are gone. Cassie Hard had a brunch yesterday for all of the stay-at-home moms who sent their kids off to school and since I'm a 'stay-at-home' mom for six weeks, I thought I'd go. Boy was I a fish out of water! But there was a good turnout and I remember looking around thinking, "Where's Ashlee?" We miss you already!

Amanda said...

You should have called us, we owe you moving help! I didn't think it was going to be so soon, but I guess time just creeps up on us sometimes. We will have to do our next dinner at your new house!!