Thursday, August 14, 2008

The 7 Year Itch...


Well, today Bryan and I entered what is called the seven year itch. (No, really there's no itchin' here.) Today is our anniversary and I cannot believe that we have been married for SEVEN years!! It is amazing how fast time goes by... In some ways it seems as if we haven't been married that long, but in other ways it seems as if we've been together forever! So I just wanted to take a minute and tell Bryan how much I love him and why I am so glad that we are together. Ya ready for this, Bry?.....

Bryan is always so good at letting me know how much he loves me and what I mean to him. I am not the best at expressing my feelings and I know how hard it is for him sometimes when I don't. But he is always so patient and loving to me. He is so thoughtful and generous. Bryan is always willing to help anyone with anything. He is so selfless and is always offering his service, skills, time, or whatever it may be to help people in any way he can. If someone is in need he'll do anything he can to help, even if it means offering my help to them as well (without me knowing!). But - I really don't mind because it is a great attribute to have and it helps me to be a better and more selfless person. I love him because he is always trying to make someone laugh. He has a great sense of humor and he uses it to lighten the mood and make people happy (even though sometimes it gets him in trouble!). He is definitely a people person and gets along well and easily with just about anyone. He has taught me so many things when it comes to getting to know people and how to truly be a friend. He keeps me grounded and helps me realize that life doesn't always have to be so serious and he is great at helping me keep things in proper perspective.
He is an amazing father. Our boys love him so much and I love when he comes home everyday from work and the boys race to the door screaming "Daddy" as soon as they hear the garage door open. I love to see the light in his eyes when he comes through the door and picks up the boys and gives them hugs and kisses. He knows how to make the boys happy when they're not, and he is so helpful with them and shares the workload of raising kids evenly.
He is an amazing person and supports me and encourages me to do the things that I love and enjoy. He is always willing to help me find and create "me" time when things just get a little too hairy and he knows I need a break. I love him so much and I know and realize that he has made me a better person over these past seven years.So... to sum it up, he is thoughtful, compassionate, loving, funny, honorable, hard working, helpful, generous, and fantastic!
I love you, Bry and I can't wait for the adventures that lay ahead for us. Happy Anniversary!

12 comments:

TURNER TALES said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you 2 lovebirds!!I hope you're doing something fun to celebrate 7 years!! I am so glad Bry and those 2 cute boys are part of our family!! Love you all!! Jill

Unknown said...

Woah. Congratulations. Ashley, how OLD were you when you got married!!!??

Karlee Turner said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are great and we love you! I'm glad we could watch your adorable boys for you last night...we had fun!

Karlee Turner said...

Oh, and I love what you said about Bry...that was so sweet! I love that he is so good about telling you how much he loves you...all girls need that :)

Ashlee said...

Krachel, I was 19, thank you very much!!! :)

Hafen Crew said...

BARELY 19....Don't forget that.
Just kiddin' I hope you two had a fun night at the best hot spot in town. Ya know you guys should really buy stock in that little restaurant, or open your own. :)
Oh how I long for the days of a good place to go an eat. I want you to know...I cooked for mom and dad. Breakfast and everything. Yep...I am domestic!

Kristin said...

I agree, it has totally flown by for us too. Well at least me, maybe I should ask Luke. Question:
where did you guys find the dresses you wore at Karlee & Travis' wedding?

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary!! I still remember Bryan getting home from his mission and hangin out with phil at our house!! Congrats on the big seven!

The Incredible Bulks said...

Congratulations!! Time does go by fast, Jake and I are hittin' up 6 years and I can't believe it. Hope you guys had fun!!

Ty and Masha said...

Were you talking about the same Bryan I know??? Just kidding, congratulations to you, guys. Happy more years of marriage...........in Eagle Mountain :-)

The Runyons said...

Ashlee you were an old lady when you got married :0) Congratulations to both of you. You two sure make cute babies too!
Love you all!

Sharley said...

Ashlee, I found your blog through Steph's. I hope you don't mind. I haven't seen you for years! Your family is darling! You can check out my family at www.bakersamazinglife.blogspot.com
P.S. Happy Anniversary!