Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm in Denial

Okay, so it's pretty official. Most of you probably already know, but some don't. We're moving. And we're moving clear in the stinkin out there - Eagle Mountain. Bryan keeps telling me that I can't complain about it being far because Rissa just moved to Kansas, so I guess I've learned to suck it up.
We built a spec home out there this past year and with the turn of the market we have not been able to sell it and so therefore we have to move into it so that we can close on the loan. In all reality I am excited. It is a really cute house and it's NEW!! (Yay for new stuff!!) It will be fun to start over in a new home, but it is hard to leave this home because it was our first. We've had so many good memories here and we have made so many amazing friends in our neighborhood and ward. It's hard to leave all those behind - I am happy with it all and I'm comfortable with where I'm at. But change is good, right?
We are suppose to close on August 20, and should be moved in on the 21st. The house is a rambler with 2 baths and 3 bedrooms. The basement is not finished but hopefully some day it will be - at least part of it. So, if everything goes according to plan, we'll be moving in 2 weeks. YIKES!! I am so not looking forward to packing and moving. Hopefully all goes well and there won't be any kinks in the plan. Here is a link to some pictures of the house if anyone is interested.
Home Sweet Home

8 comments:

Karlee Turner said...

Love the house! Its way cute and gotta love the newness (a word?). I love the kitchen. Good luck with the packing...if you need anyone to watch your little rugrats let me know...I'd love to!

TURNER TALES said...

It's a cute house!! I like it a lot!! It is too bad it's way the heck out there!! But change is good....(so they say!!!!) Good luck with everything....and PLEASE let me know if I can help you with anything!! I'd love to help ya out - whether you need help with the boys, or packing!!

Hafen Crew said...

You'll be just fine....won't you?
Someone told me a couple of days ago...."You'll love it, EVENTUALLY!"
I know it's out there and away from EVERYTHING, but you'll be okay. Just think when you're driving 30 miles to town, I'm doing the same. I think it's like 50, but hey, it's all good. Jace will like it, it just might take a little while. If anything...I would tell you to get the boys rooms set up first. Once they are in familiar territory it makes life a lot easier. If I would have known that I would have done it earlier. Just setting up the bumper pads and putting baseball sheets back on the crib has made my two little ones a lot happier. They even sleep in their own bed now.
anyways...just a little tip. Set their rooms up first. I know it's not too convenient, but it will be worth it! I think the family room where they play and their bedrooms, and then it's a lot easier on you!

Ty and Masha said...

we will miss you, guys. you have been great neighbours to us.

The Runyons said...

Awesome house! I'm very excited for you. Where the heck is Eagle Mountain? The pictures of your family and those boys are adorable!! Cole isn't a baby anymore! My favorite quote:
"If there wasn't change, we wouldn't have butterflies." Change for us has always turned out for the better :o) Some people will do anything to get out of teaching Adult Sunday School. I'm sure you did great. I'm proud of you!

Luke and Kellie said...

Well that is good news for us! We moved there a week ago! It is out there but the drive really isn't that bad and it is pretty. We'll have to get together again. Good luck with the packing, I hate it as well!

Lins said...

It looks like such a nice house! I hope you love it Eagle Mountain!

Shannon said...

I was wondering when you were going to realize that you were in denial. I just wanted to tell you that I will miss you and your family! It's cute boys like yours that make me want a little boy! I've gotta tell ya, presidency meetings just aren't as exciting without Jaces stories and Cole's banging pots and pans around! Your house is way cute, and I'm sure it will be so much cuter once you get it decorated, since you're so good at that. I really like the black kitchen! Really, I think you will love it out there, maybe not at first because everything takes getting used to, but I think you will in a little while.