Saturday, November 29, 2008

WANTED: A Bubble and A Disappearing Act

Yes, I'm looking for a bubble, preferably in the 2T size. Anyone, anyone? Hmmm, no one knows where I can buy a bubble to put my 18 month old in? Well, I desperately need one. We thought Cole had a FAT lip last week.

Shoot, we hadn't seen nothin. He fell again and this time he bit through his lip and into the skin. However, it didn't cause a gaping hole, so we didn't have to go get stitches. Almost, ALMOST. He actually had an instant bruise below his lip and it was slightly bleeding on the skin. I know, hard to explain, but it did go through to the skin this time.

His lip is GINORMOUS!! Poor child. I really could use a bubble. I don't think he's going to have any lips left by the time he turns 3. No, wait... make that 2.

As for the disappearing act... Anyone know how to make these beauties disappear?

We went shopping last night to the mall and joined up with Grandma Pam. We were at Mervyn's checking out all of the awesome 50-70% off deals, and Jace wanted to try on some light-up Transformer shoes. I let him with him knowing that I wasn't buying them for him. I REFUSE to buy character light up shoes. In my opinion, so impractical, and not cute. (No offense to anyone who likes them for their kids.)

So he tried them and and showed his Grandma Pam. "Do you like those?" she asked him. Of course he likes them, they're Transformer shoes!! "I'll buy them for you," she then tells him. WHAT??!! No way. I told her over and over not to buy them for him, I hate those shoes. Bryan then discovers what's happening and tells her the same thing. "But I told him I would buy them," she replies. A Grandma can't go back on her word.

Are you kidding me? Now there will be a fight with my child about what shoes to wear every time he has to put some on. And the best part... while standing in line to pay for these beauties she tells Bryan, "I refused to buy those type of shoes for you boys when you were little." I guess your own kids can't look like dorks, but it's okay for your grandkids to?

Just kidding, Pam. I love you and the fact that you want to spoil my kids. But next time, try not to spoil them with character shoes.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Austin begs for shoes like that every time. I just can't do it either. Maybe he'll have a massive growth spurt in his feet and they won't be around for long.

Kristin said...

PS...Good luck with Cole! It sounds like you have a Marissa on your hands.

Syndi said...

You've got to LOVE the character stuff-- I try to keep it to sleepwear, I have been lucky to keep my loving grandparents and aunt at bay. We are so mean to our kids aren't we, and all for the sake of style!

Curse of the Billy Goat said...

Those shoes freakin' rock!! I would definitely let Chance wear them! okay maybe just to bed. You need to convince them they are special sleeping shoes or something. That way he gets to wear them and you don't have to been seen in public with them. My poo Cole...he's getting hammered left and right. I getting a little worried. Hey just be glad he hasn't had stitched twice by now ;)

Margetts Fam said...

His lip is HUGE! Poor Cole! I think a bubble is the best idea yet. I can't wait to hang out with you guys soon and have Jace wear his new shoes, you know he is going to want to wear them everyday! I just can't believe that Bryan's son is going to wear light-up transformer shoes

The Incredible Bulks said...

Just wondering....Were those part of his church ensemble today?

Karlee Turner said...

That poor poor child. Not sure about the bubble...but maybe you should look into getting him bubble wrapped, at least for the next few years! That's hilarious about the transformer shoes...well only because I'm not the one who has to deal with my child wanting to wear those everyday :)

Rob and Vienna said...

Poor little Cole! He's just on an injury streak these days. Hopefully he'll grow out of it and he'll be invincible later in life. I miss you guys and your cute boys so much, and I can just picture Jace insisting on wearing those transformer shoes. I bet they are the joy of his life right now. I can't wait to see you this Saturday, and I would love your help with anything; it's so sweet of you to offer, and I know my mom will need it, even though you might have to force her to let you. Tell the boys hello!

The Ceder House's said...

I just bought Hudson the same pair- what's wrong with character stuff? Ha hA HA HA!! Hey- Could you email me your new address please? jackiecederholm@gmail

Matt and Krachel said...

I agree. Kids are cuter when they are dressed to look like a person, not advertise their favorite show.

Heath and Brandie said...

I don't know where you can find a bubble but I know where you can find a helmet. I keep telling Logan if she falls one more time I will strap one on her head.
I love the shoes. (keep them to playing outside shoes)