Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Poor, Genetically Challenged Child


I shouldn't have spotlighted Cole earlier this week. It cursed him. I said he wasn't getting enough face time; well, he has found a way to make it on....all by himself.

Monday night Cole was plowed into by his older brother out on the driveway. For sure we thought he would need stitches in his lip. It was gashed wide open and peeled back. We rushed over to Urgent Care, but luckily no stitches were needed. Just a big ol' fat, nasty bloody lip.

Today, while he was at his grandma's he fell down her front steps and broke his right wrist. He apparently thought he was big enough to walk down them. I've been given so much grief for my childrens' previous injuries and broken bones, but this time I wasn't there.

Cole was born with the Turner genes: the soft-boned, clumsy, awkward Turner walk/run, accident prone genes. Luckily those genes bypassed me, but unfortunately carried on to Cole. (You would think he was Rissa's kid!) It's great being a Turner; however, those genes are somethin' else.


10 comments:

syndi said...

I'm not going to say anything. Just that I was thinking about how I haven't talked to you in a while.. I hope that everyone else is safe... hehe

syndi said...

just a thought, at what point do they call family services, the doctors I mean -- I bet your getting close. Maybe you should take them to a different hospital next time. hehe

Hafen Crew said...

I love the Charlie Brown sling. His poor arm and lip. I'd take him anytime. My kids are in for it, or maybe you have the clumsy ones and mine got Ryan's genes. Let's keep our fingers crossed :)

Karlee Turner said...

That poor child...but even more, poor mother! I'm afraid you're in for it with that one...he's already given you quite the run for your money and he's not even two yet!!

Kara said...

Seriously you guys have quite the trauma with all these broken bones!! Poor thing. I hope he is doing ok!

Ty and Masha said...

AHA, so, should I be calling DCFS now? Well, on the other hand it makes me feel a little better, when Petra gets a new head bruise EVERY day from crawling, bumping into walls, falling off the couch, stairs, hits herself with a spoon in the eye and a bunch of other things. I guess they are just kids.

But, Cole, you can call me anytime if you feel like you are threatened by your parents. WHAHAHAH!

Heath and Brandie said...

That is sooooooo sad. It seems like his brother just got his cast off yesterday! When they get older promote swimming. No broken bones there....oh wait, as long as they don't run and slip.

The Ceder House's said...

I always knew you beat your kids- that is why they were so well behaved?!! I have DCFS on the line- hang in there Jace and Cole! HA HA HA. I am going to keep Hudson in a bubble. There is no way I am going to be able to stay calm while my kid is bleeding.

Margetts Fam said...

Poor Cole! We really need to get together again, what does next week look like for you?

jessica said...

Ashlee...I just found your blog through Steph! Your boys are so big and cute. We're in SL right now. We need to give you guys a call. You can read our blog at www.ultimately-us.blogspot.com