Monday, November 3, 2008

Future Missionary

Tonight for FHE we had a lesson on missionaries. I got the cute lesson and activity ideas here. We talked about what a missionary is and does, and that Jace can be one someday when he turns 19. After the lesson we did an activity to allow Jace to practice being one.

Cole and I went into a bedroom and waited for the "missionaries" to knock on the door. They knocked, I opened it.


Bryan started the conversation: "Hi, we're missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and this is my companion. He would like to ask you something."

Jace asked, "Can we share a message with you about Heavenly Father?"

I cried. They came into the room, Jace opened his BOM Reader and searched for a story of Jesus to share with me.

I am proud to be the mother of this future missionary.


9 comments:

The Incredible Bulks said...

That really is the most tender thing I've heard for a good while. Elder Erickson, so cute!!

Kristin said...

Last month I had to serve lunch at a zone conference. The missionaries sang Called to Serve at the end. I can't believe I'll have to do it at least 3 times. Good FHE idea.

Anonymous said...

What a great moment for you! Can you imagine how you'll feel when he really goes out in the field. He is such an handsome Elder!

Hafen Crew said...

I crying too! I love when I called and interrupted your FHE, he made sure to yell to me that he was being a missionary! That boy is somethin' else. He is so stinkin' cute and SO SMART.
PS...I LOVE Bryan's tie!!

you weren't kidding when you said you had a lot of updating to do.

Karlee Turner said...

That is awesome! He's the cutest missionary I've even seen...and what great parents he has too, that teach him these things!! The yard looks awesome! We're going to have to come out there and see it in person one of these days.

Kristin said...

ash, I think I am going to have to make you committee chair for our Twilight night. I don't really know theatres. I think we'll have to do it Friday after the reception, or Saturday after the game sometime. What do you think?

Hafen Crew said...

Ryan I about peed our pants laughing at his new comments. Who takes a Walmart catalouge to show and tell? Jace does :) I also just told Ryan about the "I think a deer got shot, I can smell it" comment. WOW!! I seriously can't stop laughing. I think the suprise one is his greatest yet!

The Turners said...

omg...he looks so old! i would have cried too! he is gonna be a lady killer!

The Runyons said...

You're doing it right Ashlee! You HAVE to teach them young these days! Great job!!
The surprise comment is hilarious. Trevor loved that one!! What a nut!