Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Pickin' Fun

Yesterday we spent the day with Mimi, and whenever we do that we always end up having a great time.

First things first: the boys & their turtle shells. As soon as we walk in the door they have to put on their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shells. And yes, they are bike helmets with their "swords" stuck in the back of them. The creativity of a three year old and the 'must do what my older brother is doing' of a 1 year old.


We started off the afternoon with canning DELICIOUS homemade applesauce. Seriously, SO good. It's always fun being self-sufficient and Martha Stewart-esque.

After some short naps we were off to the Punkin' Patch with Aunt Joss, Baby Jaiden, and Mimi. What is there not to love of a field covered in brilliant orange pumpkins.


Cole loved riding in the wheelbarrow.


Jace loved picking Baby Jaiden's pumpkin. I think Jaiden had a total of about 5 or 6 by the end.


Mimi got a good workout pushing the wheelbarrow of pumpkins and boys, I had fun taking pictures, and Joss had a great time find the 'perfect' pumpkin. No, seriously, she looked for THE perfect one. You could just see her artistic mind at work.

I love October.




6 comments:

The Incredible Bulks said...

That's a really cute picture of your Mom and the boys. I can picture Joss looking for the perfect pumpkin, hope she found it.

Heath and Brandie said...

Those are some of the biggest pumpkins.. What cute pictures. I love the turtle picture... how CLEVER.

Karlee Turner said...

Ahem, I believe the creative mind of your brilliant 30 year old brother designed the TNMT costumes. The mind of a 3 year old cannot fathom the possiblities and greatness of that costume. Give credit where credit is due!!!

Hafen Crew said...

I love that Travis is now commenting on our blogs. :) I love the ninja turtles. I'm sad I didn't get my kids to a pumpkin patch. I couldn't see paying an entrance fee and then paying for the pumpkins. That's a cute pic of mom with the boys. :) Where are you though? Have fun carving pumpkins tonight.

The Howards said...

Cole is getting so tall! He's a cutie (as is Jace). I'm glad to hear my child isn't the only one who twirls his hands and feet, but sad to hear its yet another "fabulous" Turner gene to get passed on.

Shannon said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe I ran into you there. It was fun to see you!