Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Home from Disneyland

We had the awesome privilege to go to Disneyland last week and we got to take along some fun folks. My parents and Bryan's parents came with us and what a time we had! I can't even begin to describe how excited Jace was to go. And Bryan...I think he was more excited than Jace. With the parks decorated for Halloween, it adds a little something to the experience.

(Of course this happens to be the only FAMILY picture we get and Jace refuses to look at the camera!)

We ate lots of great food with a couple of stops to Baskin Robbins (per Papa Gene's request).

We're glad we took Papa Randy along. Being handicapped has its advantages. No lines. (And its disadvantages. But that's a whole other post.)


Grandma Pam was there to ride with Jace on all of the big rides (40 inchers) so that he could snuggle up against her bosom.
Thank goodness Mimi was there to keep the boys entertained and happy with M&M's (a secret weapon.)

Oh, and the 88 degree weather was also a plus. It made for a pleasant time shell searching, castle building, and burying Jace at the beach.



Thank you Mimi and Papa, Grandma Pam and Papa Gene for making it a wonderful trip with lots of memories! (Dad, you especially made it memorable. We'll never forget Space Mountain, the forgotten medicine, the ruined luggage, the ER visit,.....)

6 comments:

Hafen Crew said...

Very cute pics. Of course Jace wouldn't look when you wanted to get a family picture. I would love to see the parks all decorated for Halloween and Christmas. That would be really cool!
Dad...he's always trying to make it an adventure :) Poor guy. I can't believe how long Pam's hair is. Oh my goodness. She is so patient. I could never wait to grow it out from as short as it was. I have only 1month from today and then I get to see my favorite people, beside my guys! Hurray! HURRAY!! HURRAY!!!

Luke and Kellie said...

How fun! We went two years ago during October, I love how they decorate the whole park for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. I love Disneyland! It is always great to bring grandparents along. When we went with my mom, Brad and I got some alone time to ride the "big kids" rides. I hope you and Bryan got the same. You'll have to post about your Dad'd adventures. I have a friend with a husband in a wheelchair and they are planning a trip to Disneyland. I would love to pass along any tips!

Karlee Turner said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I'm glad you guys had a good time...despite the Randall drama..never a dull moment with that man :) Jace is such a little punk...why does he refuse to get his picture taken?? Oh wait, maybe because he knows you want him too so bad! Good thing he's so cute!

Margetts Fam said...

Looks like a fun trip! I would say we are jealous, but we will be there in two weeks. The boys are cute as ever and we will see you soon

me said...

sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! youll have to give us some disney tips...