Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kate's Blessing: July 3, 2011


We decided to bless Kate earlier this month. She was only going to be three weeks old, but we were also going to have Rob and Lindsey in town (my BIL and SIL)and so we thought it would be a great time to do it. I was a little worried about her blessing dress. My MIL, Pam, made Lily's blessing dress and at one point when I was pregnant with Kate she said she would make her's as well. However, with only 1 1/2 weeks before the blessing I thought it wouldn't be very kind of me to ask Pam to make Kate's blessing dress on such short notice; especially since she was very busy with other sewing projects at that time. Kate wouldn't be able to wear Lily's because she was so much younger and smaller than Lily when she was blessed. I thought I could have her wear my blessing dress, but it wasn't my ideal choice.

Pam came to the rescue. Pam completely volunteered to make Kate's dress with only a week before the blessing, and I must say it turned out absolutely beautiful. She had to make some adjustments on the size to fit tiny Kate, but it turned out simple, long, and elegant. I loved it.


The Seamstress


Bryan gave Kate a very sincere, beautiful blessing. I told him I thought it was the best one yet. After church we came back to the house and celebrated with family and friends while eating some great food. We are so blessed to have both of our families so close and so supportive. I can't thank them enough for all that they did to make her blessing day memorable.





Marissa's gifts to Kate. The shoes were so big on her tiny feet.

5 comments:

Allison said...

That is one BEAUTIFUL baby in a beautiful dress! Glad things are going well for you!

Erin Downs said...

She is adorable! What a cute family picture on the front porch... I love it! Glad things are going great :)

Shannon said...

Such a cute family! Love the dress, and all her little accessories, too cute!

Hafen Crew said...

She looked adorable on her blessing day! Your girls and their tiny feet! :) Pam did an amazing job once again!

Tiercy said...

What perfect pictures! Does she make wedding dresses too? Haha