Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kate in 1,2,3,4

I cannot believe that Kate is one month old! Time has gone so fast and yet at the same time I feel like we've had her forever. Since I had her, we have been on the go, go, go. We've had multiple doctors visits (mainly for Jace's arm), playdates with cousins who have been in town, her baby blessing, 4th of July activities, and so many other day-to-day tasks. Life has been super busy, but we've managed and are doing well.


Kate has been a great baby and has made adjusting to life with 4 kids pretty darn easy. Here are some little factoids about her:


    She has started to smile and coo and I love it.

    She has acid reflux and so she is on Prevacid like two of her older siblings were.

    She has only ever had one night feeding - 2 am. She is a great sleeper.

    She has her fussy time of night from about 7:00-10:00 which doesn't allow me to blog and do some other things I would like when I want to while the other kids are asleep because that means I'm holding her.

    She is so long and skinny.

    She has a VERY loud pteradactyl-esque/raptor-like scream. It has mellowed some as she's gotten older. (When Bryan and I first heard it in the hospital we compared her to the Mandrakes on Harry Potter.)

    Her siblings ADORE her: Jace and Cole beg to hold her and Lily is constantly trying to give her her binki and constantly saying, "Hi, Kate!".

    She still has her dark hair and dark complexion and I believe will have brown eyes - so different from the other kids.


She has been so much fun (for me because I LOVE newborns) and I could literally spend all day snuggling with her on my chest, which just happens to be her favorite place too.



ONE WEEK:





TWO WEEKS:



THREE WEEKS:

FOUR WEEKS:

5 comments:

Laura said...

Oh how I love her mandrake squeal!!! And I love love her. She really is so perfect and I can't believe how fast time flies by. You are such a great mom Ash...that is why you were meant for 4 children!

Karlee Turner said...

She is definitely different from your others, but just as cute! I'm drooling over the light in your bedroom...it's perfect!

Shannon said...

I love sleeping baby pictures, so cute! And only one 2 am feeding? Seriously, Ashlee, you make four kids look like a breeze! You're awesome!

Kristin said...

She is precious!

Hafen Crew said...

What a cute little stink! She is a doll, I get to eat her up all week! She's mine!