Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Its A... Wait, What?

Today I went in for The Ultrasound, and as Bryan and I made our way down the long corridor, I think I was on the border of being cocky of what this little bambino was going to be. Because I have mother's intuition, you see, and I'm rarely wrong.

We went into the darkened room, I laid on the bed and the ultrasound technician got started and looked and measured various parts of the baby. As I laid there, my confidence started to waver, and I started to wonder, "What if it's really not a boy?"

But I was just so absolutely positive it was a boy. I dreamed about it being a boy. I had the "feelings" about it being a boy. I saw our family consisting of three boys and a girl. I thought about how there was just going to be one little girl, and we were going to be so close because she was always going to be outnumbered by boys. I was so 100% positive it was a BOY.

And then it was time to find the gender... And there it is, right there between the legs.

There's nothin' between the legs. Because it's a girl.

Huh?

I couldn't quite take it all in. I was in shock. It's really not a boy? But, I'd never even thought about two girls. Bryan was excited; he wanted another little girl. I couldn't even comprehend it. I think in my mind I even questioned the technician. It wasn't until SEVERAL more shots that I came to truly realize that yes indeed, it was a girl!

Now that I've had time to process it, I'm excited. We're excited for Lily to have a little sister and one so close in age. I just hope they get along. (Rissa and I weren't the best of friends growing up, so I certainly hope they are.) The boys have been the best of friends and so I hope these girls will be too. Having another girl definitely makes things a lot easier in some aspects. Two and two - nice and even. That's what's in my family and I love it.

Jace is extremely excited that it's a girl. When I told him, he jumped up and down and shouted "yay, yay, yay," and then quickly asked, "Can we name her Kate?" What's the reason Jace wanted a girl? So we could name her Kate. He's dead set on naming her Kate, which we like, but we're just not positive that's what it's going to be. Cole, on the other hand, was pretty upset. "I don't want a sister! I wanted a brother!" The main reason Cole wanted a brother? Because he wanted to name him Spike and he wanted a new brother to play Ninja Turtles with Jace and him.

So it's a girl.

Not what I thought I knew, but I'm happy.

10 comments:

Mikki said...

Maybe the little boy you say is your next child waiting to come. :) heehee.

The Turners said...

Haha that is hilarious that Cole wanted to name "it" Spike. So, funny. We're excited for you guys! I can't wait to see that little peanut!

Anonymous said...

And I have mother's intuition too and I was certain it was a girl! So don't question MOM! JK Ash!!
I am so excited that we are starting to even out the boy girl ratio in the grandkids! Sure love you! Mom

love bug momma said...

yea! congrats! :>

Ty and Masha said...

Hey, do you remember how I NEW for sure my first one was going to be a boy, well, I was so wrong. But now that you know that girls are so sweat I don't see any problems there. May be your next one will be a boy. HAHAH.

Ty and Masha said...

sorry, I mean girls are sweet, not sweat there. :-)

The Downs Family said...

ha ha ha! Congrats :) I swore up and down Ethan was a girl that darned mothers intution! Im excited for you! Two and Two is perfect! Thats what I hope our little family will be someday ;) I like Kate by the way and Spike is down right awesome! lol

Hafen Crew said...

And why weren't we good friends growing up? hmmm.... Lol well atleast we're so close now! I'm so excited you're having another girl! She'll be super cute!

LindaLou said...

Ashlee, we are so excited for you! Everyone needs a sister!! Love, AZ Turners

seller said...

Hey Ash,

It has been forever do you have a new email or something??? I haven't heard from you forever! Well I am so excited for you. I was just thinking about you and decided to look you up. Hopefully you'll get this. I know you will be a wonderful mother of 4! Sarah