Tuesday, September 29, 2009

False Alarm

I'm tired today.

I guess that's what false labor pains and little sleep will do to you. It really stinks having contractions for most of the night and then not producing a baby from your body's painful efforts. But I guess the good news is that she will be here no-matter-what on Friday.

Yep, I'm being induced this Friday, October 2nd and I cannot wait. There aren't any problems; she just gets to come early because her mom is anxious to see her cute little face.

I've been busy the last couple of weeks nesting. It feels great to be able to get so much done and have everything ready for her. Although it is exhausting. Here's a little of my checklist:

Crib bedding made and nursery decorated, check.





Halloween decorations up, check.


Old windows that have been waiting to be hung on my family room wall for the past two months up, check.


New van, check.


Boys's room decorated how I like it, check.


Clean house, check.

Current prego picture (39 weeks), check.


Oh... and dressing my youngest son in one of his sister's new outfits, check.

Why is it that I have been wanting to get some of these things completed for months but they didn't happen until the baby is almost here? Oh well, at least they're done, right? Now there is the peaceful feeling of knowing that things are done and in order for the wee one to come home.
Here's to hoping that tonight's sleep is uninterupted, or if it isn't then there will be something to show for it.

17 comments:

Kara said...

First off cute pictures...second off...HOLY COW! I can't believe that you are almost due. I'm sure it's been the longest nine months of your life, but the last time I saw you was at step, when you were a couple of months along!! WOW! Time flies! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait for you to finally have a little girl!! We'll keep tabs with Phil and Alaina and I'm sure hear how cute she is!!

Shannon said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you! Good luck Friday. I love all your cute decorations, you're so good at that! And it's about time you put a prego picture on here. You look great, but I'm sure you're ready for it to be over. I can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!

Mikki said...

Yay! I am so jealous that you get to see your baby THIS week! Your bedding turned out soooo cute. I am impressed.

The Turners said...

That bedding is so stinking cute! Great job... i need some lessons.
We are so excited to see Lily! She is going to be gorgeous! Let me know if you need help with the boys!!

The Ceder House's said...

Did I read that right?! You MADE the bedding. Wow. Now tell me the truth- how hard was it? I am contemplating doing that next time we need some- but it seems really difficult. Did you use a pattern? Um- I dont think she is ready to come yet. You look about 20 weeks pregnant. Good Luck on Friday! I can't wait to see pictures of the little gal!

Allison said...

Love the pic of Cole in the tutu! Good luck on Friday...can't wait to see pics of your new addition!

jessica said...

Alright...mostly I'm jealous of you!!! I'm get to see if I'm dialated at all today, John and I are hoping I'm already at an 8!:) Good luck on Friday! We're so excited for you guys! Oh, and could you please decorate my house(you've got great taste).

Kristin said...

Yeah for all the pictures! your house, crib bedding is adorable. Your not called Martha for nothing. Good Luck friday!

Ty and Masha said...

Um...perfect mother - check!

Hafen Crew said...

You really are so tiny this time! YAHOO!!! I love her room and the boys' room, oh and it's the first I've seen the van...not too bad for a loser cruiser ;) jk!!!
Cole is absolutely adorable in Lily's clothes...I bought more material today for a skirt....it will be ADORABLE!!!!I'll make this one a little bigger for next fall.

LindaLou said...

Ashlee, I am so excited for you to have a little girl. What a treat for you!! I hope all goes well on Friday. Give her a kiss from us in AZ. Love you guys, Linda

The Howards said...

Big day tomorrow! I hope it goes well for you! You did such a great job on the kids' rooms and the whole house! I love that picture of your sweet Cole. Can't wait to see pictures of a GIRL baby on this blog!!

Wilson said...

You are so productive and so cute pregnant. My last pregnancy picture definately doesn't look even close to as good as yours. I will be thinking about you tomorrow and I hope every thing goes well. I can't wait to see some pictures.

Laura said...

Okay...So I've been waiting for this update for quite sometime and freaking LOVE IT!!! Um her room is adorable and the boys room is too! I can't wait to see her...PS. it's late and Cole just barely fell asleep after playing with me...haha He deserved it after the tutu picture! LOVE YOU!

Jodie said...

DYING here! Can't wait to see pictures of the baby. Am I right that her name will be Lily? I love it! Sounds so good with Jace and Cole. I miss you tons. Love you!!

Oh, I love the windows on the wall. What a great idea!

Heath and Brandie said...

Ashley, I would have 10 kids if I looked like you when I am prego...You are adorable. Can't wait to see her picture.

Margetts Fam said...

This is pissing me off because it won't let me see your pictures! When I come over, I need to see this post!