Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lily Grace Erickson

Our baby girl is finally here and we can't be more excited. Lily Grace Erickson was born Friday, October 2, 2009 at 3:59 pm. She was 6 lbs. 1 oz. and 18.5 in long.



I was scheduled to be induced Friday. Friday morning Bryan and I got up and started our day waiting to hear from the hospital to call us in. We were productive that morning while we played the waiting. Bryan mowed the lawn and I was able to tear out the frost-bitten garden and sweep and mop the kitchen floor.

We got the phone call and arrived at the hospital at 11:00 am. I had to be put on antibiotics because I tested positive for Strep B and I needed to be on the medicine for 4 hours before the baby was born. I received that at about 11:40. I received pitocin at noon and we started the waiting game. I had my epidural at 12:45; not because I was in pain but because I didn't want to be in pain while the anesthesiologist took care of 2 C-sections and another epidural before he thought he could get back to me. So I thought I would get numbed up before I was in unbearable pain! Things were progressing so quickly they had to take me off the pitocin to slow me down a bit. Then by 3:59 she was here after about 4 pushes. There were no complications and labor was really easy and smooth sailing.




She really is a tiny little thing. They nurses in the nursery believe that she was actually 2 weeks early due to a few little signs they look for: the thinness of the cartilage in her ears, the lack of wrinkles in her feet, and the large amount of white goop she was covered in when she was born. As of tonight (10/3) she is down to 5 lbs. 9.9 oz. Just a tiny little peanut.




The boys are adjusting really well. They cover her in hugs and kisses, whisper little secrets to her, and bring her cute little "presents" that only little boys would bring. They absolutely love having Baby Lily here. Bryan is so cute to watch with her. I love hearing him call her "Baby Girl" and he just keeps saying over and over how cute she is. He's hooked.



I'm doing well and am excited to get back home and start our routine as a family. It gets a little boring and monotonous here at the hospital and I can't take any more sitting. Let's get this little girl home!

33 comments:

The Runyons said...

Oh my gosh!! She's adorable. She's looking a bit more like Jace to me (since I don't think she looks like a Runyon - haha!). What do you think? You are just like I was when I had Tiffany! Immediately put the headband on. Yours are adorable. Did you or Rissa make them? So cute! I'm soooo excited for you guys! I love you & your cute litte family!

The Runyons said...

Ashlee - are you keeping a log of Jace's quotes? I wanted to go back and look at some and couldn't find any older ones.

TURNER TALES said...

What a beautiful little baby girl you have!! I was so happy to meet her tonight!! She's perfect in every way....complete with long fingerNAILS even!! Looking forward to watching her grow up!! I thought she looked like Jace also when I saw that first picture posted. What a cute family you are!! LOVE YOU!!

Ashlee said...

Lisa, I have written Jace's quotes down in a little notebook. There wasn't a way that I could keep a log on here while hiding the old ones and only showing the new ones - that I could find anyway.

After two boys you definitely have to bust out all of the girlie stuff right away. I didn't think I would be like that, but I can't help myself!

Kara said...

Congrats guys! She is beautiful!!!

Kristin said...

She is so dang cute...and I love that you have the bows, headbands, and hats already in the pics! How fun! So glad all went well...good luck w/three, it's fun!

Hafen Crew said...

She is just too cute! I will send out the premie stuff tomorrow, you'll definitely need it if she's down to below 6lbs. At least the sleepers. Cute CUTE!!! oh and you look AMAZING!

The Ceder House's said...

Only Ashlee Erickson would garden and mop and sweep while waiting to go into labor... you are crazy! She is a doll- congrats!!!

Kristin said...

AHHHH, seeing those pictures makes me so excited to greet our baby girl. I'm trying to decide how many outfit changes she will have in the hospital! She's an adorable little peanut.

Jodie said...

Oh Ashlee. I am crying. So, so happy for you all. So happy that Lily is here and there were no complications. She is beyond beautiful. She is also making me a bit baby hungry. Just a bit. :) You, of course, look incredible!! Love you!

stephanie said...

congrats on your sweet baby girl. she looks so precious!

Syndi said...

Congrats! We are so happy that everything went so smoothly. She is adorable and I love all the flowers and pink. We love you guys and counldn't be happier for you.

Laura said...

Ash...You do NOT look like you just gave birth! Your hair is perfect and you are just a glowing mother! These pictures made me tear up a little! Bry needs a little girl just as much as you do! I can't wait to meet her...but she is just so beautiful!

Luke and Kellie said...

Yeah, Congrats! She is beautiful and you look great in all the pictures too. ( : I'm glad labor went so well you are so lucky, I hope my next one is like that!

Ty and Masha said...

Congrats! I'm glad everything went well. She is just a little baby. She is even smaller than Petra, but she looks so cute. I'm happy for you to have a little girl. You will be a great mom for her and the boys will be good brothers. Good luck adjusting, hopefuly everything goes well. Love,

Ty and Mash

Shannon said...

Yay! It's so exciting when they actually get here. I'm glad everything went well. She is tiny and so cute! Congrats!

Lindsey said...

You guys! She is SO beautiful!! Congratulations!!

Allison said...

Congrats Ashlee! She is beautiful! I'm glad to hear everything went well.

Rob and Vienna said...

Oh my gosh, so cute! And her nursery is adorable. I'm so excited that you have a little girl now, and I bet she will love her cute, silly brothers. My mom says she can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

Krista said...

Congratulations! Lily Grace is a very lucky little girl to be born into such a beautiful family!

jessica said...

Congratulations!!! She's beautiful!

Turners said...

congratulations you guys! She is just absolutely adorable! what a sweet, sweet family :)

LindaLou said...

Ashlee, I am so excited for you to experience a daughter. This will be a wonderful journey for you all. Congrats!! We miss you guys, Love, Linda

Beau and Rach said...

She's so beautiful! Congrats! I thought she looked a little like a preemie. You might want to have her o2 levels checked after a few days just to play it save since she's so tiny. Have fun with your sweet little girl!

Mikki said...

Yay! She is so cute and tiny. Call me when you are ready for photos.

Margetts Fam said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for you guys! Let me know how it is and then I might consider a third. She is so freaking cute! Can't wait to hold her!!! You guys are a cute, cute family. congrats!!!

The Incredible Bulks said...

She is beautiful!! You don't even look like you had a baby in any of those pics Ash!! Congrats on your new little addition. Girls are absolutely wonderful!!

Michaelangelo said...

Wow congratulations! Lily is so adorable! You guys make a cute little family of five!!

Celeste said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! And I am so glad that I got to meet her. Now you know where my blog is! I need to start updating it.

Gingerlylizzy said...

I have been thinking I needed to read your blog today because you had the baby and I haven't talked to you yet or seen the pics! She is absolutely darling! It is so fun to see all your "boys" with her. Having a girl for the first time is an awesome feeling - PLEASE call me if you need anything. Even a NAP. Food? Pictures? Whatever. I sure love you!

Gingerlylizzy said...

I have been thinking I needed to read your blog today because you had the baby and I haven't talked to you yet or seen the pics! She is absolutely darling! It is so fun to see all your "boys" with her. Having a girl for the first time is an awesome feeling - PLEASE call me if you need anything. Even a NAP. Food? Pictures? Whatever. I sure love you!

Heath and Brandie said...

Super Cute! I wish I looked as great as you after having a baby.