Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Womanly Goodness

I like being a woman, a girl, a lady...if you will. I can't name the reasons right now, but I do like it. I like it except for those nasty little things called hormones that creep up on you every so often.

Hormones. They can do wonders to you.

How do you explain that to your children and spouse? (Forget the spouse - he can figure it out on his own.) But the little ones?

"Sorry boys, the hormones made me do it. They're the reason why I snapped at you for no reason at all. Even though you are being so good today, I can find the tiniest of things to set me off. It's the hormones."

Maybe one day they'll understand.

Oh wait, no they won't. They're boys.

7 comments:

Margetts Fam said...

You are so funny! I also have a hard when I haven't had lunch and I am trying to make them lunch, I snap easy! Watch out! I am definately up for trekking, it might kill me because I haven't done anything hard for quite some time! Keep 911 on your speeddial, in case I pass out!

The Incredible Bulks said...

Listen, it's good practice for them for when they get married and have to put up with their wives. That's the way I look at it.

Karlee Turner said...

Gotta love the hormones! You're right, they will never understand..there is no possible way to explain the craziness to them unless they experience it for themselves. luckily for them, they never will.

Shannon said...

I never get like that. Especially since I've been pregnant. Lets hope my family survives!

The Howards said...

I love Jace's Top Ramen quote. I'm sure its especially "funny" when those hormones come around! Good luck to you...and your boys!

Syndi said...

amen sister...

Hafen Crew said...

I'm waiting for the Optimus Prime cake!