Monday, February 23, 2009

Fantastically Four

Jace turned four on Feb. 18. and you know what that means.....

According to Jace:

Four year olds

don't throw fits,

they eat their dinner all gone,

and they still take naps!
(time will tell...)

Remember that awesome bright green Hot Wheels bike that Santa had to ditch a couple weeks before Christmas? Well, it made its comeback, and what a hit it was! Both boys had to be pushed around and around and around the kitchen on it.



Jace chose waffles instead of pancakes for his traditional birthday breakfast.


His activity of choice for his birthday was to go sledding. His cousin and best buddy, Crew, came along with Grandma Pam and we went sledding down the icy hill and wrestled on the frozen tundra.



After naptime we met up with Dad, Grandma Pam, Elle and Crew at Jungle Jim's. If you want cheap, ghetto entertainment, that your children will absolutely LOVE, take them there. Just make sure you steam clean and disinfect them after.




We finished the evening with Jace's choice of dinner at Chili's. He loves the chips and salsa - just like his dad.


And of course we had to celebrate with an Optimus Prime cake.


The days and weeks leading up to his birthday he would ask, "Mom, are people going to call and sing 'happy birthday' to me on my birthday?" So thank you to everyone who called an wished him a Happy Birthday and sang to him. It just made his day that much more fantastic!

6 comments:

The Incredible Bulks said...

He is one hilarious kid. I'm lovin the Transformer cake too. Happy Birthday Jace!!

Hafen Crew said...

Seriously that kid just gets funnier as time goes on! I love him. Is he still eating his dinner all gone? How's the fit throwing? you're getting to be quite the cake decorator :)
Oh...you're wearing one smokin' beanie! you look hot in it :)

Rob and Vienna said...

Oh! I love Jace! I can't believe he is four years old. I bet he is still just geting smarter and more hilarious by the day. What a cutie. And way to go you, for making that awesome cake! I'm glad to see he still loves Transformers. Reminds me of all the times he used to call me Megatron and shoot me with a clicky pen.

Shannon said...

Wow, I think four year olds sound good according to Jace. I wish my six year old wouldn't throw fits and would eat her dinner. Looks like a fun day! My kids love Jungle Jims, too. I have to say, you're pretty good at coming up with some cool cakes!

Karlee Turner said...

Love this boy! Still can't believe he's 4!

Kara said...

Wow, I can't believe he is four! I remember when you were prego with Alaina!! Your boys are so cute!! They look a like, but so different! And what the Optimus Prime cake...that makes me laugh!!