Monday, December 29, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas

This Christmas seasons has been the most hectic and jam-packed Christmas that I can remember. I barely finished my shopping in time. Barely. Bryan and I actually had to go out shopping on Christmas Eve so that he would have something to open the next morning.

In the last two weeks I wasn't even home for a full day once. This month was filled with shopping and planning for a ward Christmas party, completing that party, Christmas shopping, spending time with Rissa and her kids while they were in town, several trips to the doctor, 300 cupcakes to decorate, a wedding, family parties, sick kids, sick husband, sick me, being snowed in, gingerbread houses, making stockings, birthday parties, and much more.



As busy as it was, it ended up being fantastic. The boys had an awesome morning. Santa returned to being the genius that he is. Jace reminds me everyday how much he loves his power tool workshop, and Cole can't get enough of his choo-choo.




We got spoiled by both families. We got some awesome gifts - thank you everyone!!!
Christmas was lovely except for the one present it left behind to the 12 of the 15 members in my family and several more on Bryan's side......THE FLU!! It was a nasty bug that left most of my family members in great pain and stomach turmoil. My poor mother actually caught it early Christmas morning, and Jace caught it later that night. He ended his night lying on the couch being miserable with a bowl close by.

Luckily that's not what he remembers most about our very merry day.

6 comments:

The Birds said...

What a cute snowman. I am sorry you all got sick. That is not fun.

Karlee Turner said...

Cute pictures of the boys! So did you end up getting the nasty bug too? I thought you and I were the only ones that withstood it??

Hafen Crew said...

LOVE the Jammies!!!

Jace...you still smell like Beef and Cheese!

Kristin said...

I'm glad you had a merry Christmas. Sidenote: Look on my blog. I've posted a picture of Luke in Sunglasses. The sunglasses remind me of the time Travis was bringing us home for the weekend and was totally in a pissy mood. Then out of no where he stopped the car to pick up some sunglasses and then was in the best mood ever. That memory just popped in my head. Do you remember that at all or do I look stupid right now.

Wilson said...

Looks like you had busy but great christmas. I had the flu about a month ago and it was horrible this year. The stockings you made are way cute.

Heath and Brandie said...

I love that adorable snowman. It looks like Brian had more fun making it than your boy's! (Look at his smile)