Monday, December 29, 2008

The Stockings Were Hung...


by the chimney with GREAT care. 10:29 PM Christmas Eve, our stockings finally made it on the mantel.


Back in September, I bought the pattern for these babies, determined that I was going to make new stockings for our family. They were adorable and it was time for new ones and so I just couldn't pass them up. I bought the fabric in October or November, deciding that I would get a good head start on them. That didn't happen.


Other priorities came and the stockings went. I would work on them here and there, but it was getting down to the wire and these puppies were a little more detail oriented than I expected. I toted them around with me to a few family parties and worked on the embroidery in order to get them done.


Bryan kept telling me that I wasn't going to finish them, but I vowed that they would be finished in time for Christmas. Alas, on Christmas Eve at our family gathering, the final stocking was completed. Cheers were heard from the crowd. They knew the importance of this accomplishment.


We got home that evening, and I with anticipation hung my beautiful, small (but beautiful) stockings by the chimney with care.

5 comments:

Karlee Turner said...

Ok, look how cute they look hung up there! Totally worth it...and it doesn't matter WHEN you got them done, just that you did!

Shannon said...

They are so cute! I made stockings for our family a couple of years ago, so it's like 2 years later and my poor husband's stocking is still not done. Oh well, maybe next year!

Hafen Crew said...

I love...love...love them! Bryan should know not to tell you you're not going to get something done! I need the pattern. I want to make them too. I just know to get started in July. :) I loved seeing you guys! I'm so sad already! See you in 4 months! :)
Hey I was looking for the pics with the kids and their amazing hats they wore Christmas morning ;) I really thought I'd catch a pic or two of that!

Kristin said...

Those are adorable. Leave it to Martha. I have a love/hate relationship with those kind of projects. Love the done feeling and hate the stress of the work.

jessica said...

I love those stockings!!! I've been wanting to make some for years, but it just keeps getting brushed asside, so props for you! Sounds like you guys had a great/insanely busy month. Now maybe you can relax!