Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Two Boys

I have the urge to share with my few readers a little bit about my two adorable boys. Lately I have been thinking about how much I need to get Jace and Cole's baby books out and update them and share some things about what they are like right now at their ages. I feel like this is kind of my journal...so I'm going to share it with you too.

MR. SMARTS

Jace is my smarty-pants. The kid seriously amazes me at times with the things he knows and says. He talks very well and asks MILLIONS of questions. "Why, what, how, Mom?" And the things he remembers...gee I wish I had his memory. He absolutely LOVES puzzles. He has a 70 piece Transformer puzzle that we do multiple times a day. He can do almost all of it by himself! He loves to play on the computer and picks up very quickly onto new things. He also enjoys playing games: Hungry, Hungry Hippos, Memory, and Candy Land. But mainly, puzzles.
He is also VERY imaginative. He's always running around the house shooting different Transformers, he has a friend Luke, and several different Disney characters that he plays with. He has a new basketball hoop and we play together and he is AK, I'm Boozer, and Cole is D-Will. (Good work, Dad!) He finds the smallest object to play with - a new, unsharpened pencil is a wand or sword, a small tie from my shirt is a lasso or fishing pole. I'm not sure why we even bother with toys.
He absolutely ADORES Cole. The first person he's excited to see in the morning is Cole, and it's always a celebration when Cole wakes up from his nap. I have to say that the love for each other started on day one when Cole was born. Example: a nurse had to come and take Cole back to the nursery for some tests. She took Cole out of the room and Jace started screaming, crying, and chasing her down the hall,"THAT'S MY BROTHER!" I have to say we're pretty lucky with the two of them getting along. They truly love each other. Jacers I love you!!

LOVER NOT A FIGHTER

I love my Cole-i-oly!! This cutey puts a smile on strangers' faces. Cole has one of those smiles that melts the heart. His toothy little grin is unforgettable. And he has these eyes.....ahhh! His eyes are the purest and most piercing blue. He gives THE BEST hugs (just ask Karlee and Shirlee), and he always has a kiss for his mom. He's pretty stingy with his kisses, but if he gives you one, you know he loves you! He's not a snuggler, but he is a lover. (Jace's always the one asking for a "nuggle"). And his laugh - hilarious! Watch out girls - he's gonna be a looker!

I can tell he's going to be my true boy: dirty and adventurous. He's already much more of a climber and goer than Jace ever was. No matter how many times you scold him for pulling over and breaking lamps and eating newspaper, he's back for more fun. He's very active and loves to go, go, go. He definitely doesn't like to stay in your arms for long unless he's VERY tired. He's a Momma's boy, though; just ask anyone in the family. Oh, and can that boy eat! Yowza!! I can just say 10 months and 8 teeth later - Nursin' no mo!
He's such a sweety and we love him so much. It is true, you can love your second child as much as the first. Coley I love you!

3 comments:

Hafen Crew said...

Coley is stingy with his kisses...I think I've only gotten 1. He is so adorable. Jace yeah...he's absolutely hilarious. Wow Boozer huh....I wanna see your tats. I think the D-Will for Cole is the best though :) I can only imagine your gametime in the basement. Chance, Logan, and I will cheer from the stands next week. You guys are all so adorable. Your kids are definitely not LAME!!

Karlee Turner said...

I love reading about your adorable boys that I love so much! Seriously who knew you could absolutely adore kids that aren't even yours. I love being completely entertained by Jace and his imaginative personality. I can testify to Cole's smile melting your heart..he is too cute!

Kristin said...

Aren't boys fun! I love seeing their two totally different personalities coming out.