Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween 2010

The great debate was on this year to as what the kids were going to be. It was that constant changing of their minds as to what they wanted to be. So we sat them down a few weeks before Halloween and MADE them decide.

They decided on Batman and Robin. Jace took the high road and let Cole choose which one he was going to be. Usually, since Jace is older, he would naturally be Batman. However, Cole chose Batman and Jace was just as excited to be Robin. So then of course Lily had to be Cat Woman/ black cat.




And when we go with a theme, we really go with a theme.



We bought Cole's costume and I made Jace's. Lily's was pretty simple to put together, and really I only had to buy the ears. They had so much fun being Batman and Robin! Jace loved his costume, and when he put it on he said, "Mom, I think I look pretty darn awesome."





We did the trunk-or-treat at our ward Saturday night and it started pouring on us. We got home and the boys were soaked and they decided that they didn't want to go out for any more trick-or-treating; so they got in their jammies and stayed home. I love how easy they are! (And so does their dad because that meant he didn't have to go out either.)

Having Halloween on a Sunday was not so fun. Dressing them up for school on Friday, trick-or-treating on Saturday, and a family party on Sunday did me in. Keeping track of all the little pieces of their costumes was annoying and I ended up having to make two masks for Jace because we lost one. Oh, the things you do for your kids.

They had a blast being Batman and Robin, and now they are so excited and are planning their costumes of Harry Potter, Ron, and Hermione for next year.

5 comments:

The Turners said...

Their costumes turned out so good! They all looked adorable! Gotta love Halloween!

Tiercy said...

They looked adorable! I love the themes!

Hafen Crew said...

They all are so freakin' cute!
Way to go on Jace's costume. I love the pumpkins...you did a good job!

TURNER TALES said...

Great job with the costumes AND the pumpkins too!! Your kids are just soooo cute!!!! Of course, I love ALL my kidlets!! It can only get better!!!! Hugs,

The Ceder House's said...

Adorable. Um- where is Lily's tutu? The Tutu = cat fur of course!:) I had to have an excuse to use a tutu- come on!