Sunday, April 4, 2010

6 Months Old

Per requests - and really just because I need to - here is a little update on Baby Lily.

Unbelievable as it may be, she is now 6 months old! It is unfathomable how fast time goes by and how much she has grown. She still remains to be an amazing baby and incredibly easy. Just like she has since she was eight weeks old, she still sleeps 12 hours a night. I can simply lay her in her crib at nap and bedtime and she will turn to her right side, suck her thumb, and put herself to sleep.

The person that makes her laugh the most is Jace. She thinks Jace is the funniest person ever and laughs so easily when he talks to her and sings, "Hi, Happy Girrrrrrl!" She loves to talk and squeal and make herself known. I think she knows she has to remind us that she is part of our family because she is so easy and quiet at times we kind of forget she's around.

I am finally starting to become more consistent in feeding her solids. With the third child I have become lazy and busy with other children that I have not pushed feeding her solids. Nursing her is just so much easier and faster than spoon feeding her a whole jar of food. From what I do feed her, she is a great eater and seems to like everything. Maybe she won't be a picky eater and can be Bryan's little egg-liking buddy.

Lily is now 14.9 lbs (25%) and 25 inches long (50%). She still is a little peanut to me and I have a hard time realizing that she really is 6 months old. She is rolling all over the place and is getting close to sitting up. She has one bottom tooth in and the second one is close to coming through as well. She will lay on the ground playing with toys or sit in her bouncer or saucer and entertain herself until she is tired.

I simply adore Lily and love the joy and happiness she brings into our family's life. She is a ray of sunshine and her gummy smile puts all of us in a better mood. We are so blessed to have her as part of the family.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Ashley, she is adorable! I can't believe she is 6 months already. Time sure has flown by.

Anonymous said...

how in the world did you get her to sleep that long??? please share your secret!!!

The Howards said...

What a cute girl you have...I want one:) And oh I can't wait for the days when I have big boy throw up to clean up. We've avoided it thus far. Too gross..lucky you!

TURNER TALES said...

Thanks for the update Ashlee!! She is adorable!! And such a good baby too!! Love her smile!! xoxo

Hafen Crew said...

I absolutely LOVE those pics of her. She has the cutest smile. She is a crazy easy little baby :) I'm so jealous of the sleeping...I just got done fighting mine for an hour and a half and they are 2! I envy you :)
I really want updated pics of your kids :) Thanks.

Kristin said...

She is super cute, and ohh so tiny. I'm jealous of her sleeping too. I've just sat listening to poor audrey cry herself to sleep...for an hour and 20 minutes. I've never let my kids do that before.

Allison said...

She is such a cutie! It's amazing how fast they grow...glad to see an update!

Shannon said...

Wow, I thought I had an easy baby, but it sounds like Lily beats her, especially at sleeping. That is amazing. I'm a little jealous of that, especially since eight weeks, that's crazy! Love the pictures, the black and white is my favorite. Here's the web address of where I got Brielle's little headband with the three flowers. http://www.etsy.com/shop/BannerBoutiqueOnEtsy

Heath and Brandie said...

I LOVE HER!!!! She is adorable. I love the black and white. She looks like she is such a happy baby!

me said...

ok 6 months!!!!!?? I still have not seen the little runt...although I guess shes not so little anymore. We really need to get together soon. I keep telling tim we need to have you guys over for dinner and it hasnt happened. Maybe I need to take matters into my own hands....

Syndi said...

She is too cute! I love the outfit and the sweet smiles. Talk about lazy I still don't want to start solids, it is easier to just nurse;)