Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Personal Updates

Here's a look into our lives and what is happening to each of us individually.


Jace has a one track mind these days and I hear this question WAY too much: "Mom, can I play the Wii?" He and Cole got a Wii for Christmas and they are loving it. Star Wars Legos is his favorite game to play. We love to watch both of them play the active games because it involves both of them jumping up and down the entire time - no matter what game they're playing. The games don't require jumping, that's just how they show their excitement. How can I deny them playing the Wii for a couple of hours when they are getting more exercise than me?

(Here's an action shot of them playing. Notice how red and sweaty Cole is.)

Also, something else on Jace's mind are his upcoming kindergarten shots. He has his appointment this Friday and already there have been multiple break downs about getting shots. Remember last time he got a shot? Ugly. I don't know how I'm even going to get him into the doctor's office on Friday. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated.



Cole. Oh that Cole. This child is something else. He has been quite the stinker lately. He is so naughty and then so adorable and sweet the next minute. He truly is too cute for his own good. He is all boy and is always playing with a gun, sword, wrestling, or hitting someone. Oh, and he is obsessed with my "booties" aka boobs. See? All boy I tell ya. He is so sweet and is always telling me, "I wanna hold you" which actually means, "I want you to hold me." And he tells me "I your Snuggle Bunny." He drives me crazy and yet melts my heart.




Lily is now three months old. She still seems pretty petite to me which I am grateful for because I can't handle her getting big. It's hard to see your third baby grow so fast. She has developed a few of things since she turned three months old:

1. Thumb sucking. I love it and dislike it at the same time. It's adorable, yet you can't throw away a thumb at 15 months old. She still does take her binkie, but she prefers her thumb.


2. Hair loss. She had so much hair for so long and then in about a matter of a week or two she lost SO MUCH HAIR. It saddens me. Deeply. And it's not just the back of her head, she has lost so much on top and on the sides too. Sigh.


3. CHUBBY cheeks. Need I say more?


Bryan is still staying busy looking for a job and also with his church responsibilities. With some of his down time he has picked up a new read, Twilight. I'm not saying he likes it, he's just interested to know what all the hype's about. It's been fun to talk about the book with him because he points out how silly it really is. He's not yet finished so we'll see what his final opinion is.

(This is a picture of him showing one of his Christmas presents. I thought he looked really cute in it.)

I am working on a resolution of becoming more organized and clutter free. I can't stand clutter and so my goal is to go through every closet and cupboard and dejunk and reorganize. Fun, huh? Bryan and I have found a new activity for date night: playing Star Wars Legos on the Wii. Shortly after we got it we played it together for 4 hours straight which kept us up until 1:45 am. I won't admit how many hours total we've played it together. Shameful. Who would have thought that me, out of all people, would get addicted to a video game?


And since I don't have a picture of myself, here's the kids in their Christmas outfits.

So that's a quick update on each of us and a few pictures to show it too.

10 comments:

TURNER TALES said...

Thanks for the updates Ashlee!! What cute pictures....and Jace even smiled a couple times!! Yay Jace!! You are a strong and amazing young woman and I admire your strength!! I know something will come up soon for Bryan. Love you guys!! And don't forget....dinner sometime!! xoxo

Kristin said...

cute pictures! I love how Lily's headband is around her neck in one picture. I find that happens all the time. I'm so sad her hair fell out. I'm wondering if that wil happen to Audrey.

Karlee Turner said...

You've got yourself some dang cute kids! Not that you didn't already know that...I just wanted to say it again.
So you're committing to be more organized huh? Interesting. I'm pretty sure you're the most organized person I know. Good luck with that. How about you help me become more so for your resolution? ;)

Barbara said...

I love your update. The kids are getting so big and all three are gorgeous. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers as Bryan is searching for a job. I love your faith, keep it up!

Tiercy said...

What a darling update! I can't believe how fast Lily is growing either. Your boys are so fun! And my second has the same effect on me: he makes me crazy yet still melts my heart!! I hear you on the shots. I have a story from Tyler about the same age and it involves me getting poked (by accident) with one of the needles too. It was BAD. Now, I tell them that for every shot they get to go spend that much at the dollar store (1 shot = $1). Surprisingly it works. In fact, Ethan even picked a shot over oral medicine one time because of the Dollar store trip. I was shocked!!!

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry about the job thing. That sucks! So is he still doing real estate at all? We want to put our house up for sale in the next couple weeks. Love the pictures! I can't believe how big your boys are. It's crazy. I can understand how Cole would melt your heart. He melts mine by just looking at him. My baby is growing way too fast, too. They all look so cute in their little Christmas outfits! Good luck with the job hunting!

Hafen Crew said...

I'm with Karlee, you're one of the most organized people I know. You're too funny!
Sorry about Lily sucking her thumb, It's a freakin' pain, when they're older. Logan was three months when she spit out her binkie and only wanted her thumb. Good luck! I love their Christmas outfits. You're kids are too stinkin' cute!

Hafen Crew said...

ps...I hope the dr. was okay today! Hey can I call and ask Jace if he's excited for Kindergarten? Mom says it's hilarious! not really ;)

me said...

love the update! I wanna play that game..hehe. And i just have to tell you Kait still talks about her kindergarten shots. She got them like 5 months ago. Now she is dreading Brook having to get hers...NO FUN!!!

The Incredible Bulks said...

Glad you are back at blogging, I know, I'm not the best either, but I'm trying. Your kids are just about the cutest things known to man!! I can't get enough of all the funny things they come up with and I still need to meet that Lily of yours! Hope the shots went better than expected...