Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Beginning of an Exciting Week


The week Kate was born was an interesting week, to say the least. Sunday, June 5, our family went over to my parent's house for a family dinner. When I walked into their house, I had an awesome surprise waiting for me: Rissa and her family decided to make a surprise visit and were here to stay for a few weeks. She was going to be here for Kate's birth! Yay! (And I can't even begin to describe what a life saver she's been while she's been here.)

We had a very fun dinner all together to celebrate my dad's birthday and all of the little cousins were having a great time playing together on the teeter-totter. One of the smaller cousins would sit on one side of the teeter-totter while Jace would then push down the other side, stand on the seat, and then jump off leaving the other kid to slam to the ground where they would laugh and laugh at being jolted. All of the adults were getting quite the quick out of the kids' reactions and everyone was having a good laugh. Until...it was done just one too many times.

Jace went to jump off the seat and his feet got entangled in the handle bar and he fell off the teeter-totter, landing on his arm. I knew immediately that he had done something very wrong. I ran over to him and he rolled over holding his arm crying that it was broken. Sure enough, I took one look at it and saw that it had a slight bend in his arm just above his right wrist. Travis was kind enough to splint his arm and we took off for Kidscare at Riverton Hospital at 9:15 at night. At the hospital the x-rays confirmed what we already knew: a broken arm.

All the while, Bryan had been sicker than a dog the last few days and was still not feeling well on Sunday. He had a sore throat of all sore throats and felt absolutely miserable. AND, I was due any day. The week was starting out to be very interesting with much more to come...

This picture is on Wednesday, June 8-my due date-and also the day that Jace got his cast on.




And this picture is thrown in just for fun because it pretty much sums up mine and Jace's relationship lately. I get this look quite often these days.

6 comments:

The Downs Family said...

Congrats on the new baby! If anyone can get through this type of week it would definitely be you! I LOVE that picture of you and Jace! Isaac and I have already been having these moments so eeek that makes me nervous lol Maybe its a first child thing ha ha

me said...

congrats!! Im not sure ive even seen your other little girl yet!! isnt that crazy? its about time we all get together...hope the recovery is going well....

jessica said...

Life always manages to throw in some curve balls! As if a baby in one week isn't enough :) can't wait to see some more pictures of your baby!

Tiercy said...

Wait, where's the rest?!!!? Congrats on your new baby. You drove by me one day early this week, and I was so surprised. You make having 4 seem so easy. You were all put together and beautiful! Anyway, I can't wait to see the post on the birth. Even though I have heard the story, I want your version. =)

Hafen Crew said...

I loved being here for Kate's birth! She is BEAUTIFUL, but so are all your kids :)

Laura said...

Greatest look of all time! hahaha