Thursday, November 5, 2009

A SUPER Halloween

We had a great Halloween week around these parts. Our superheroes had a great time at their grandparents' houses celebrating the festivities early in the week, and of course enjoying the actual day with a Halloween silly lunch at their cousins' house, trunk-or-treating and trick-or-treating.


We started the week at the Erickson's to have dinner with the cousins and show off the costumes. We had the traditional chili and scones, painted pumpkins, and modeled costumes.

(Wonder Woman, Wolverine, Captain America, Tinker Bell, Wendy holding the Crocodile, and Anakin Skywalker)

Tuesday we were at the Turner's to celebrate. We had white chili, played Halloween games, decorated cupcakes, and modeled costumes.

(This is a new game my mom had us play. Joslyn drew this witch and then my mom had us chew bubblegum and then we stood back a few feet and "threw the wart on the witch's nose" Dallin won)


(A Kung Fu Master, Wolverine, Wonder Woman, and a cute Monkey)

Jace wanted to be Wolverine for Halloween because of the awesome claws. Yes, the claws were the deciding factor. Cole wanted to be Superman, but we liked the Captain America costume better, and I must say he looks pretty dang cute all muscled out. And to fit the Superhero theme, I made Lily a Super Woman costume. I think they look pretty dang cute. I love the fact that my kids are still young enough that I can base their costumes around a theme. I'm sure that won't last much longer.




9 comments:

Ty and Masha said...

Sweet costumes! Even miss Lily had one. Ashlee is a supermom! And I vote for Lillian Grace. I like that name.

Hafen Crew said...

Love, Love, LOVE the costumes! Jace you are a super scary WOlverine, and Cole is the most HANDSOME Captain America I've ever seen :) And Lily is just too adorable! Way to go on her costume!

Mikki said...

Those costumes turned out adorable.

Kristin said...

I'm so glad you updated. I've been wondering how the transition to three has been. Lily is so cute and is already putting on some weight.

The Incredible Bulks said...

I love the superhero theme! So cute. You did such a great job on Lily's costume!! I am happy to know that Jace is always ready for the devil! He for reals is about the funniest kid I know!!

The Howards said...

Sounds like a fun filled Halloween! I'm loving the cute little costumes! And I'm so glad to hear that your little girl is such a good baby. I keep telling Kristin that hers is gonna come out feisty because her boys have been the passive ones! Love the updates!

Margetts Fam said...

Love the costumes! Thanks so much for the pirate one....my almost 3 year old barely fit in the 18 month old costume! And I have to say your cupcakes put my cupcakes to shame! I might have to copy yours for next year. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun, your kids are so cute! And yes....Cole wouldn't play anything I had planned, he wouldn't even get a picture in the Frankenstein but he had fun playing with the toys, so no problem!!!

Gingerlylizzy said...

Yey for updates! And I ADORE that little wonder woman costume. TOO CUTE! And your last post... glad to hear you are all enjoying your baby girl. Grant had reflux, we had him on prevacid and that helped some. He still spit up a lot but he wasn't in as much pain. LOVE YOU!

Karlee Turner said...

Ashlee,

Why don't you stop commenting on other people's blogs and start updating your own?

All my love (and there is a lot of it for you),

Travis

P.S. How is my Lily? Kiss her grunty face for me!