Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lackadaisical

LACKADAISICAL: without spirit or drive
A good word to describe this blog and the way I've felt lately. It's been 3 weeks since I've wrote about anything new, and I just haven't cared enough to do much about it. Obviously.
I didn't post about the fun time Jace and I had at Disney on Ice and the awesome $15.00 sword that he just had to have. Because you know, I received the sweetest birthday present from the Jace and Cole a couple of weeks ago. I opened a box and found a piece of paper with two tickets that read: "Mom, we're so excited for you to take us to see Disney on Ice!!!"
I didn't post about my interesting Saratoga Springs court appearance. (Bet you didn't know I'm a criminal.)
I didn't post about the fun birthday lunches with me and my mom.
I didn't post about my sweet husband and all that he did to make my birthday special.
I haven't even posted any new Jace comments. That's just sad
I just haven't had the drive to do it. In the past I've done the majority of my blogging and blog surfing while the boys have been down for their naps. But as of late, I'm usually napping with them.
Without spirit or drive. That's me. But I bet if you were to ask any woman, they would tell you that it's pretty normal to feel this way within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Yep, 12 weeks down and I'm finally startin' to feel a little bit of a spring in my step. There actually is some desire and drive left in this body of mine.

18 comments:

Luke and Kellie said...

Yea! Congrats, as I read I was wondering, "Is she pregnant?" Well I am glad you are starting to feel better and I'm jealous you went to Disney on ice. We didn't know if Gabrie would be old enough to enjoy it but I wish we would gone.

Kara said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting, and I was impressed to see your booty and class last Monday! I'm prayin it's a girl...one so that you have a girl, and two....maybe Phil and Alaina will re-condider...:)

The Incredible Bulks said...

Wow, you and Karlee??? Now I'm way for Riss to post somethin! I'm hopin you get a girl!!

The Incredible Bulks said...

I meant "waiting"

Kristin said...

Welcome back! Your reason is totally lame. I mean come on! Totally kidding. The whole first trimester I fall asleep on the couch at 8:30. It's exhausting. I hope you feel back to normal soon. (as normal as normal can be)

Shannon said...

Congratulations! Those first few weeks are killer. I wish you were here so that we could wallow in our misery together!

Ty and Masha said...

I don't think that pregnancy is an excuse for not blogging. :) Just kiding. Congratulations, I hope it's girl, because I already made her a newbie hat with a pink flower, so there is no turning back!

We love you and miss you, hope everything will go well.

Michaelangelo said...

wow, congratulations! Glad you're feeling better now- the first few months are just gross. Hope all goes well for the rest of your pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I will cross my fingers for you that you get a girl! Once, you are not feeling so lackadaisacal you really need to post about some of those things you mentioned.....especially your court appearance :) !

The Ceder House's said...

Knew it. As soon as you said you had been napping. Ashlee Erickson would only nap if she was "with child". Don't worry about blogging- I will just guess what's going on... you were on a street corner of Saratoga Springs that is infamous for late night women of the night? H AH AH HA HA just teasing. CONGRATS!!!

jessica said...

Holy cow...I can't believe you didn't share your news when I was complaining about being pregnant! I can't wait to join you in being past the first 12 weeks. I've got a few weeks left. Congrats! I'm excited for you! When's your due date?

Krista said...

Congratulations Ashley! Can't wait to see another one running around happy as a clam! You are a great mom. Good luck.

TURNER TALES said...

So Ashalee....Now what have you done that you're in a heap 'o trouble for???? (Besides not sharing with me your news)

Gingerlylizzy said...

Oh I HAD NO IDEA!!! CONGRATULATIONS BRITNEY (haha, just kidding!) Are you going to find out what you are having? Can't wait - I love making baby things...

The Howards said...

I've been meaning to send you an email congratulating you on the big news! How fun to have that you'll have a baby so close to Travis and Karlee! Hope you're feeling better soon! Congrats again!

Unknown said...

Guess I'm a little slow on catching up. Congrats and I agree with the others - hope it's a girl!

Wilson said...

Congrats! That is very exciting. Mike actually told me because Bryan told him on their lunch date. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better.

Mike and Leslie said...

Congrats Ashley. You, Me, Kelli & Bobbi need to get together and have a play date soon. We all live so close.